Love You to the Moon

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Love You to the Moon

Post by Robin »

Love You to the Moon, a tribute to Bing Bong from Inside Out

Finally completed! (I quit just poking at it and being a perfectionist xD)

This one page site is packed full of feels; I cried while writing it, and you might cry (with both sad and happy tears) while reading it. Have your tissues handy as you learn more about this wonderful minor character who utterly stole the show!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Re: Love You to the Moon

Post by Mikari »

This is awesome :D very cute! ^_^
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I haven't seen this movie.... Yet! So I didn't read through it as much because I saw your big spoiler warning. But it looks cute! Are you interested in affiliating with other animation tributes? If so I have Hercules x Megara :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I haven't seen the movie yet so I also did not read too much content! I'll give some feedback on the design and usability! The character looks so cute though! I love him already.

Firstly, I read the first section that was a general overview of the movie and character. It's very well-written and easy to read. I enjoyed reading through it, and now I wanna check out the movie! I am sure the rest of the shrine is just as easy to read so I can't wait to be able to read through it!

Secondly, the design is fantastic! I love the colors a lot. They're very easy on the eyes, and this is something I can be really sensitive to because a too dark font can be so difficult for me to read through (headaches, etc.). However, your colors were chosen perfectly. I love the gradient usage in the headers, and they are nice and distinct enough for me to know when a new section is starting.

Overall, I love it! I love the design so much. It's very minimal (something that I think I personally prefer now) and easy to use. Congratulations on finishing!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

(If anyone else should read my comments, they have spoilers!)

Yay, I have been waiting for this site! I love it, Robin! :D You do a great job of explaining Bing Bong's role in the movie, as well as analyzing so many aspects of his character. I thought your explanation for why his death has such an affect on even grownups was especially interesting. (The tissue break was most appreciated. :cry:) And the "Hope even after fading" section was quite thoughtful and indeed inspires hope. I love the inclusion of the songs, as well. I think they both fit him!

Would you like to affiliate with any/all of the following: EVE, Elsa, The Incredibles, Lumiere? (If you want only Pixar subjects or only characters, that's fine by me.)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Mikari wrote:This is awesome :D very cute! ^_^
Thank you! :D
Megan wrote:I haven't seen this movie.... Yet! So I didn't read through it as much because I saw your big spoiler warning. But it looks cute! Are you interested in affiliating with other animation tributes? If so I have Hercules x Megara :D
Thank you! (Definitely check out Inside Out when you have a chance--very much worth the watch!) And I would love to affiliate with your Hercules x Megara site! :)
Epona wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet so I also did not read too much content! I'll give some feedback on the design and usability! The character looks so cute though! I love him already.

Firstly, I read the first section that was a general overview of the movie and character. It's very well-written and easy to read. I enjoyed reading through it, and now I wanna check out the movie! I am sure the rest of the shrine is just as easy to read so I can't wait to be able to read through it!

Secondly, the design is fantastic! I love the colors a lot. They're very easy on the eyes, and this is something I can be really sensitive to because a too dark font can be so difficult for me to read through (headaches, etc.). However, your colors were chosen perfectly. I love the gradient usage in the headers, and they are nice and distinct enough for me to know when a new section is starting.

Overall, I love it! I love the design so much. It's very minimal (something that I think I personally prefer now) and easy to use. Congratulations on finishing!
Thank you :D Very glad to hear you liked both the content and the design! I always worry that my design style is not fancy enough or that it detracts from my content, so to hear that the two work well together (and don't cause headaches!) is awesome. :D
Sarah wrote:(If anyone else should read my comments, they have spoilers!)

Yay, I have been waiting for this site! I love it, Robin! :D You do a great job of explaining Bing Bong's role in the movie, as well as analyzing so many aspects of his character. I thought your explanation for why his death has such an affect on even grownups was especially interesting. (The tissue break was most appreciated. :cry:) And the "Hope even after fading" section was quite thoughtful and indeed inspires hope. I love the inclusion of the songs, as well. I think they both fit him!

Would you like to affiliate with any/all of the following: EVE, Elsa, The Incredibles, Lumiere? (If you want only Pixar subjects or only characters, that's fine by me.)
^O^ thank you! Yeah, I've had this site mostly done for a while, but I kept poking at it and being OCD about everything, XD. Glad to hear all the content sections make sense and give some food for thought! And I definitely had to put a tissue break in there, otherwise I couldn't even make it through writing the shrine ;o; lol

I'd love to affiliate with all of those shrines, by the way! :D
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Robin! Got you added at all four sites. :yay: I made a link button for you, so if you want to take it you are most welcome! (Don't feel obligated, though!)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Okay! Thank you!

And OMG THAT BUTTON IS SO ADORABLE SLDKJFSL:KDJF:LSKJDF
withinmyworld.org
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

omg I didn't even know about this movie?? I-I'M probably gonna wait until I have seen it to read your shrine, but it looks cute and the character also looks cute omg!!! And I already started tearing up as soon as I read "massive spoilers ahead; tissues required", like, how does Pixar movies always find a way to make me cry?
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

high seraph wrote:omg I didn't even know about this movie?? I-I'M probably gonna wait until I have seen it to read your shrine, but it looks cute and the character also looks cute omg!!! And I already started tearing up as soon as I read "massive spoilers ahead; tissues required", like, how does Pixar movies always find a way to make me cry?
It's definitely worth a watch! Lots of layers and highly symbolic, and as always, tear-jerking in spots. (But can we ever expect anything else from the studio that made Up? xD)
withinmyworld.org