Grumble: A small dedication to Groucho from Animal Crossing!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Grumble: A small dedication to Groucho from Animal Cross

Post by Megan »

This looks awesome! I'm not familiar with the series at all, but I really like how you have a section to the real animal. I like how you added your own spark to the site! I remember making my first site back in the day when I had a different domain, and I was so happy! Congrats on making it! <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

What a lovely character tribute! But it's much more than that, too; it serves as a great way to introduce people to the games in general. Excellent, easy read, with lots of pictures--which game did you use for the screenshots, by the way?

Oh, and also I'm joining the "cute layout" chorus ^o^ WELL DONE!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:What a lovely character tribute! But it's much more than that, too; it serves as a great way to introduce people to the games in general. Excellent, easy read, with lots of pictures--which game did you use for the screenshots, by the way?

Oh, and also I'm joining the "cute layout" chorus ^o^ WELL DONE!
Thank you so much! :D

The screenshots are from two different games since those are the two that I own. I have only one from the GameCube title "Animal Crossing" and the four others (and the ones that I posted in sections) are all from Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so adorable! ^_^ I love how much detail you included. :D The little drawings in About and at the end of the page are super cute.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Congrats on finishing your first shrine! :)

I love it! You've so much information here - more than I thought would be possible for an AC character. It's super cute and I love the layout.

(this makes me want to get back into AC:NL. It's been so long since I played ;0;)
a spoony bard
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Mikari and Emma, thank you so much! Your support is amazing, and I am really glad you guys like it. :)
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Gonna bump this because I've updated it a lot! I also edited the first post of this thread to reflect the new URL.

I. The shrine moved from its home on sylvarant.net to its new home at sutarodo. URL is now http://groucho.sutarodo.net/

II. I changed the fonts which made a DRASTIC difference. You can still view the old version here for a bit longer because I really wanted to showcase how much of a difference just changing the font made!

III. Other touch-ups on the layout include resizing the images in the tables, adding sprites by our own Mikari, and fixing up some of the colors! If something looks weird to you, please let me know!

IV. Added the Shrine Spotlight award! Thank you all so much for liking my shrine! :D

V. NEW SECTIONS. I was unable to make these sections before due to release date limitations or some other hurdle that I only have recently been able to overcome.

1. Combined appearances and games in the series since it seemed like a waste to list them twice.
2. Added updates to the Introduction section! Animal Crossing is a very alive series with new things coming out all the time so I want to try to update this shrine so an updates section seemed very appropriate.
3. Expanded the "Catch Phrase" section to include information on my own Groucho's catch phrase!
4. Retitled "Physical Appearance" to just "Appearance" and expanded it to include his house that I made in Happy Home Designer and his amiibo card.
5. Added a bunch of new images to the gallery!

Woo, thanks for checking everything out! That was a fun update to make.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Wooooooooo awesome! I agree, the new fonts give the layout just the right Animal Crossing touches. Also, YAY NEW SECTIONS and YAY SPRITES and YAY EVERYTHING ~~ well done!! It was great before, but now it is fantastic!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you so much, Robin! :D :D I had a lot of fun with the update too, and I'm really really happy with the end result so I'm really glad that you like it too!