A Murder of Crows

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

A Murder of Crows

Post by Todd »

I launched my first shrine since 2012 yesterday!

A Murder of Crows - Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening

It's not that I haven't been working on sites for three years; I just tend to work a lot on my existing sites. Anyway, Henry is pretty awesome. I actually found myself identifying a lot with his character, like I did Tidus from Final Fantasy X. Henry suffers from abandonment issues, and I relate a lot to that. I hope you guys enjoy my take on Henry. :)

Fire Emblem: Awakening shrines, want to link exchange or affiliate? :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: A Murder of Crows

Post by Robin »

Amazing! Incredibly developed, with each page bearing a personal connection as well as factual information--you give even the Fire Emblem novice such as myself a good view of both the game and Henry's character.

One confusing wording issue: on the Thirteen page, 4th paragraph down, you write that "In Christianity, Jesus had his last Supper with thirteen guests." I'm thinking you meant that the Last Supper had thirteen guests (counting Jesus). I was like "wait a second, there was a random 14th dude at the Last Supper?" xD

Other than that one teeny wording thing, the content is flawless--you can tell the site was made with love! Well done!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for catching the issue on the Thirteen page. I knew there were only thirteen there. I think I got my wording mixed up because I squeezed in the sentence before it about Loki and Norse mythology after I had written about Christianity. Anyway, it's fixed now!
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

that's a lot of thirteen connections @_@

i only just recently started playing FE: A and I love Henry. haha. why? Be-caws he is awesome. Dark magic is so awesome (i paired him with Tharja). I really want to make a FE site at some point, probably to Panne or Olivia.

I enjoyed reading through it Todd and i love the killer (haha) layout. Great Job! :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

Eimii wrote:that's a lot of thirteen connections @_@

i only just recently started playing FE: A and I love Henry. haha. why? Be-caws he is awesome. Dark magic is so awesome (i paired him with Tharja). I really want to make a FE site at some point, probably to Panne or Olivia.

I enjoyed reading through it Todd and i love the killer (haha) layout. Great Job! :D
Yeah, the thirteens can't be coincidental! He has too many of them, haha.

Oh man, I am so excited! A shrine to Panne or Olivia would be awesome. I would love to see either one from you! I almost made a shrine to Panne myself before I started on Henry, so I'm partial to Panne, but Olivia is such a great character, too. Go with which one you feel the most connected with and you find the most fun to write about! I went back and forth between Henry and Panne before settling on Henry.

FE:A is amazing. I hope you're enjoying it! Tharja and Henry fit very well together. The only reason I didn't pair them was because Henry passes on the Sorcerer class, and Tharja already has it and passes it to her daughter. I passed the class on from Henry to someone who didn't have it, Maribelle's son Brady. Their Support is sweet, too. Pairing-wise, though, I ship Henry and Tharja hard. Noire will be a kick-ass Sorcerer with the two as parents.

Thank you so much for the comments on the site! :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I am so happy you were able to finish this Todd. I absolutely love it. <33

@Eimii: OMG please do it! We need more Fire Emblem shrines! (And preferably more that aren't made by me LOL!) I love Panne and Olivia and it would make me super happy to see something to one (or both) of them. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I can't read because I wanna finish FE: A first, or at least recruit Henry, but you deserve props for the name of the shrine :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I am learning so much about Fire Emblem: Awakening through friends' shrines to it! Haha. I love this site, Todd. I had a lot of fun reading through it and I feel like I know Henry now. I especially enjoyed the Animals page and the Thirteen page. It is so neat how you were able to connect him to World Kindness Day! Overall I just love this site; your first new one since 2012 was definitely worth the wait! And of course the layout is gorgeous, too. Love how you worked that crow image in there; I at first thought the crows were a part of Henry's image!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Haha, thanks, Nyx! I hope you enjoy the game!

@Sarah - Thank you! lol You need to get a 3DS already! I promise there's so many games you would love on it.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I'm having a field day with the layout. Purplllle <333 I'll go through it correctly XD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.