Perfect Life

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Loki

Perfect Life

Post by Loki »

Well, this is my Xenomorphs shrine :heart: I love Alien movies so this was my second step after Elsa. It's far from being totally complete but I want to share my love, as most of the content is finished. The spelling once again, is far from perfect but I hope it's readable ;p

Here it is: Perfect Life.
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Perfect Life

Post by Robin »

Wow, awesome! Lots of content already, and I can tell how much you like the series! (I like that you added the Family and Tribute pages like you did on your Elsa shrine, too)

Just a couple little things about the layout--it took me a while to find the navigation, because I had to scroll down to see it. (I'm using a 1366 x 768 resolution, so that might be the problem.) Also, the dark gray of the text is almost not bright enough to read against the black background, though it looks really cool. Maybe just a shade lighter would work?

Other than these minor things, I think your Xenomorphs shrine is great so far! Can't wait to see what you add!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Saya

Post by Saya »

Interesting approach to the subject, you definitely show your love for aliens there :). Love how in-depth you go to show the side of the alines :) nice job!
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is awesome :D I like the effect on the navigation. I'm not too familiar with Alien but I keep meaning to watch it and this is very informative.
Loki

Post by Loki »

@CuriousLittleBird I *may* later tweak with the layout when I will be in the mood :) Thank you for telling me that! And thnak you for all the nice words.

@Saya Thank you. I wanted to show my huge love and I am glad I succeded.

@Mikari You definitely need to watch the movies, especially three first. Thank you very much!

Destinie

Post by Destinie »

This is great! I love it and I love the Alien series! I think having a shrine to a whole species from a sci-fi series is really unique and interesting! I like how you have a page to talk about the victims of the xenomorphs, that's a unique touch!

I applaud you for tackling this shrine because I see that it has potential to have a lot of information. I think it would really neat to have a section talking about the relationship between Ripley and the Queen alien in Alien: Resurrection. It's interesting because Ripley is part Xenomorph and the queen's offspring is part human. Creepy~~~!

Have you watched X-Files? Their alien species has a similar life-cycle to the Xenomorph and I think that would be a neat comparison. Also I would be interested in a section talking about other shows/movies that were inspired by the Xenomorph or even where the Xenomorph appeared.

(And maybe this will inspire me to actually work in my Ripley shrine that I planned to do about 5 years ago????)

Great job on your site, Loki! :)b
Loki

Post by Loki »

Destinie! You gave me tons of ideas! I will surely work on relationship between Xenomorphs and Ripley, that was my "to-do" in the next future. The other ideas seem very very neat too.

I am glad you like my shrine! This is my beloved child, I think it will stay my favorite shrine, no matter how many I'll do. I have big plans for screencapping the Alien series as well and show the Alien-featuring scenes on the site.

Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I also can't see all of the navigation on my resolution (think it's the same as Robin's). The layout is also super hard to read everything on. On a couple of pages your paragraphs seem to just be separated by single line breaks, too, which makes it tougher to read everything.

There's a lot of information here, and it's clear how much you enjoy the subject! I've only seen the first two films myself and don't know that I'll get around to watching the others, but I enjoyed reading about the different life stages of the xenomorph in particular. You have a good start here and I'll be interested to see what else you add!

Not sure if you're into the Alien games at all, but one thing you might want to look into if you haven't already is Alien: Isolation -- it came out last year and is a great take on the franchise. Might be a neat addition to this site to cover it.
tonight fate is the
Loki

Post by Loki »

Thank you for input about the layout. I will try to make something more readable. I was going to dark, gloomy atmosphere but if it's not working, I will change it. But not now - I actually like this layout ;p

Thank you! I have never played Alien games (despite Alien part of Alien vs. Predator 2). I am not huge gamer, yeh see ;p But I may try different things in this year just to make my shrone better.

Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Loki wrote:Destinie! You gave me tons of ideas! I will surely work on relationship between Xenomorphs and Ripley, that was my "to-do" in the next future. The other ideas seem very very neat too.

I am glad you like my shrine! This is my beloved child, I think it will stay my favorite shrine, no matter how many I'll do. I have big plans for screencapping the Alien series as well and show the Alien-featuring scenes on the site.
YAY! I am looking forward to it! :D/ ♥