New Dreams

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

New Dreams

Post by Todd »

I just finished my newest site!

New Dreams - My town, Spira, in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I've spent a ton of hours playing Animal Crossing. I have sites for games I've played less, so why not make an Animal Crossing site? This was a lot of fun.

I'm used to analyzing in sites, so this was a departure from what I normally do, but it was fun, and I'm proud of how it turned out. I intend for this site to change and grow over time with my town, so consider it active.

If anyone has an Animal Crossing site and would like to affiliate or link exchange, let me know!
Crystal

Re: New Dreams

Post by Crystal »

Already told you but I love it. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

omg i love it! and thanks for the link. I'll add you back later tonight! :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks, guys! And no problem, Eimii!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oh my WOW!!! (I'm so amazed at this site I conflated my phrases of surprise!)

The amount of detail and work you've put into this site is awesome, Todd. You even got detailed writeups of your villagers! From what I'm seeing, AC:NL looks REALLY different from the other AC games--I, like you, played 'em all like gangbusters for about 3 months and then got burned out. Am I to understand that New Leaf lets you design the town from the ground up (building placement and the like), unlike other ACs?

(Also, how in the world did you get screenshots?? /dumb newb question)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks so much, Robin!!

Kind of! You pick one of four town layouts (there are over a hundred different layouts, but only four choices show up when you turn on the game), and those layouts have your Re-tail facility and Town Hall already in place. You get to walk around with Nook and decide where your house goes, you choose where the cafe goes, the police station, and a number of other Public Works Projects.

The 3DS lets you take screen caps in most games! You just hold L and R at the same time.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Oh that's so cute! I was wondering what kind of Animal Crossing site you were making, and this is awesome. It's a really fun read. I love how you've tied in so much stuff with FFX, too. :)

You have Tom! He is my favourite villager. I think he's been there since I started my town, or close enough. I am biased towards cats.
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Todd wrote:Thanks so much, Robin!!

Kind of! You pick one of four town layouts (there are over a hundred different layouts, but only four choices show up when you turn on the game), and those layouts have your Re-tail facility and Town Hall already in place. You get to walk around with Nook and decide where your house goes, you choose where the cafe goes, the police station, and a number of other Public Works Projects.

The 3DS lets you take screen caps in most games! You just hold L and R at the same time.
/mad dash to nearest game store to buy a 3DS and AC:New Leaf

That's awesome that 3DS allows screencaps! :D Makes it a lot simpler to get actual pictures of your game (which is one reason why I never made an original Animal Crossing "shrine"--just a tribute page).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

That's such a cute idea! Really original site. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so creative and awesome!