Sky Coloured Oceans (Redesign)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Laura

Sky Coloured Oceans (Redesign)

Post by Laura »

Sky Coloured Oceans

So this is my first time coming back to designing fan sites in like... 10 years or something crazy! I've tried a few times in more recent times but this is the first site that I've actually completed 100%. Sailor Moon is really what got me into creating fan sites back in 1997, so I think it's fitting that it's what brought me back into it once again.

I do have plans for future updates to the site. There were a couple sections that I ended up removing in favour of releasing the site earlier, and a few more additions I have to make to existing sections. Otherwise it's fairly complete and there's tons more content than there ever was on the old hiatus version.

I had a lot of fun working on this and I hope you all enjoy it! <3
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Sky Coloured Oceans (Redesign)

Post by dubiousdisc »

Oh no this is SO GORGEOUS

You said you were kind of rusty in terms of designing?! If that's rusty!... It looks AMAZING!

So many congratulations on the huge revamp!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Aww!! You're too kind! ^^

I've been working professionally as a UI/UX designer/artist for video games, so I haven't actually done any web site design in a long time... This layout turned out really nicely but others before it (not necessarily for this site either) certainly had me pulling my hair out for a while. But I'm definitely glad you like it, thank you!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Wow, it looks so amazing! I really like the redesign! It fits perfectly on my monitor which makes me so happy since it's so small. I really like the fonts you used. :D
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh wow, this is absolutely incredible!

The design is breathtaking -- I love how you worked both color and black and white images into the three different layouts. There's so much information, it's absolutely fantastic! I've been a fan of the series since I was a kid (and Haruka has long been my favorite character) and I still learned some new things. You've cleared put a ton of work into this site, and it shows. Absolutely wonderful work!

(Also, seconding Tara - I love that the design fits my screen! I have a pretty small laptop resolution but the layout fills my screen and uses all of it without overflowing. Always a plus.)
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Echoing what everyone else has said so far - this layout is amazing! There's so much information in this site and you've organised it all so well. It's so gorgeous, I love this site. :)
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

Oh wow. It looks great! Congrats on the revamp!
Aku

Post by Aku »

This is really lovely, great job on the revamp! I can tell a lot of love went into it, and that really touches me as I'm more of a designer than writer, so designing shrines can be just as important to me as writing them. :) I'm a big fan of multiple headers and I think your style really echoes the work of Takeuchi--airy and light and beautiful!
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

wolfrun, OMG, what a stunning piece of work. You really outdid yourself. This website impresses me so much! I absolutely love it, I'm reading through it right now!! <33
~ Lady DinoBug
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Awesome design for equally awesome ladies!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone