Anathema

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Anathema

Post by Sarah »

This is so pretty, Tara! I really love your layouts. :) I'm not familiar with the subject, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the site. I thought the censorship page was interesting and I also liked the page about Tharja's daughter. Awesome work! You are pumping out the sites lately. :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Very detailed, I only really know this game from shrines and though the gameplay isn't my style, I've been getting to know the characters a lot lately. I like how you include your thoughts as you explain everything. :)
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Tara, I really love this! I'm particularly fond of the hexes and curses page! I like how you highlight that its something you avoid but you still tackle it in a mature and meaningful way! I also really love the appearance page in which you justify her more revealing clothing as a way of staying cool.

I'm going to have to get her supports with Henry now!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Okay, I read everything. I love your writing style! It's very conversational, like you're talking to your reader. It's really nice and refreshing. I had no idea Tharja was censored in certain releases! It was kind of weird reading about her hot body and skimpy clothing. I didn't see her as sexual at all. It's very interesting though.

I loved the Supports page. I liked how you talked about the supports you enjoyed, or felt were important. That makes your shrine a lot more personal, and more interesting, as a lot of Support basics can be found on Wikipedia. I liked that you titled each support, too, like "Gynophobia." In my playthrough, I had Tharja marry Lon'que.

Your strategy page was really great too. You should take Tharja through the Dark Knight class during one of your playthroughs before taking her back to Sage. I agree it's not the best class for her since you can't use tome magic, but if you grind it to level 15, Tharja will learn Lifetaker, which is amazing for her. Tharja becomes a very powerful mage, and can kill in one or two hits. I always get her Lifetaker, and then I send her off by herself on the board, and she wrecks face and heals herself with Lifetaker. It's pretty nice. Lifetaker is sort of the darker version of Sol.

Anyway, this is my favorite site of yours so far!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Ah, thank you everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it--I put so much work into this shrine despite it being so tiny.

@Todd: I actually just put Tharja into the Dark Knight class in my most recent playthrough. I haven't gotten her that high leveled yet, but Lifetaker sounds like such a cool skill! I miss my Dark Tomes but I love the maneuverability. I might change up the strategy page once I get her through this class.

Thank you for all the compliments, especially on my writing style because it's changed so much this year. @~@ I'm glad you enjoyed reading through it!!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

I am in love with the layout @_@

I've never played a Fire Emblem game but the artwork has always made me curious. I love the way you have the shrine organized. Thats always a hard part for me!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Organizing the shrine is one of the first things I think about before even constructing the layout, so I know what you mean! It's so important.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is the only Fire Emblem game I've played thus far, and as much as I'd like to go and try out the other games, the game element of "units are lost forever if killed" irks me a bit because I can see myself getting frustrated and resetting if just one unit died. Though I may play with cheats if possible, haha. Awakening I can deal with because there's the option of keeping your units alive. I've always been interested but I've played games with a similar style and got frustrated way too easily. (See: Valkyria Chronicles.)
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

It looks great Tara! I haven't really gotten into the game series yet, but my sister is and I like to read up on the characters! Definitely a great read. Good job!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.