Green River

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
neo

Green River

Post by neo »

Hi, Just wanted to drop in to show you my new shrine ^-^~!

It is a tribute to my favorite Seiyuu/Voice Actor, Midorikawa Hikaru. I'm very happy with how everything turned out !
The only thing I am thinking about adding is his discography. e.g. song lyrics, possibly mp3 downloads, and links to corresponding YouTube videos. But, I just can't really look at it anymore so ^^. Up it goes.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Green River

Post by Sarah »

Aw, this is really sweet, Neo! I don't know if I've ever seen a seiyuu tribute before. It's great to see one now, though! I think people who do voice work for a living deserve a lot of credit. I really enjoyed reading through this. I think the fanmail section is a neat addition and I also like how you talk of Midorin's accent and his hometown. Great work! :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I agree, this is interesting! I love the green layout. Does he voice these characters in the Japanese or English releases? I was a little confused by that, but that's minor.

Congrats on finishing this site! I know what it's like to not want to look at a site after working on it a while, haha.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Awesome layout :) it's original that it's a seiyu tribute, I can never tell who's voicing who when I watch anime, but I see characters I recognize. :D a very entertaining site!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I may have already mentioned it on Twitter, but I love this Neo! It's so nice and refreshing and the nice green layout is peppy and fun. I'm going to look up some of his roles now!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
neo

Post by neo »

Thank you so much for your input everyone! I labored on this a lot longer than what I thought I would originally and it's great to hear positive feedback!

I also agree that Voice Actors need some recognition. ^_^ They really make or break a character in some points (I'm looking at you Bradley Cooper, for Rocket Raccoon.)

@ Sarah, Thank you! I was actually wondering if the fan-mail section was too silly XD

@ Todd, He voices characters in Japanese, I will try to make that more clear! ^^

@ Mikari, Thank you very much! ^^

@ SnowRayjah, Thank you, I was surprised how well the green turned out :D. Also, maybe you will recognize someone you know :).

Also, I apologize it took me a little while to reply v.v"
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

i always wondered about doing a seiyuu/celebrity shrine and seeing yours makes me happy. I was never really sure how to go about doing one. I always loved Midorikawa as Edgar from Earl & Fairy.
Aku

Post by Aku »

It's weird, when I saw the title of your post I immediately thought, "Midorikawa?" but I didn't think it'd actually be him when I clicked the link! A little shriek of laughter from me... XD

As a big seiyuu fan myself, I love this! Seiyuu shrines were something that I feel used to be a lot more rampant before, I'd love to see them come back. :) It's a bit difficult since I think a lot of them are quite elusive and it's not easy to find personal information on them, but I think there are also ways you can make it personal too. I become very close to seiyuu who voice my favorite characters, which I think is why there's almost always a seiyuu section in my character shrines, haha.

Your shrine is a fun throwback for me, especially since Midorikawa is the voice of so many old school characters. :heart: I would love to see a section on some of your favorite Midorin roles and why you like them, for example! :ok:
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Neo, I love this. It's so pretty. And I've actually heard his voice a few times but never realized. I don't get to watch a lot of anime that's in Japanese. The green looks great!
;o; *** pew! pew!