Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Amassment-sponsored challenges, marathons and activities past and present. Join in on the fun today!
Camy
Administrator

Re: Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Post by Camy »

CLASSIC GAMING YES 8D (Galactica and Pacman anyone? ;D)

As for suggestions/ideas, how about Weaponthon? I mean, come on, we all have our favorite weapons in games from rocket launchers, hammers in Halo3, etc., And to spruce it up, we can choose up to three maximum, that way it will give weapons that don't have an entire storyline to be joined by others. Like a personal arsenal. [s]Maybe it's just me, haha.[/s]
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Pacman always made be a bit anxious, but I loved Commander Keen and the very first Final Fantasy games and…well many other games XD For the classic videogame marathon we should set a year as reference, say all the videogames chosen must have been released before xxxx. With this minor problem out of the way the only thing left to do is find a period to run it which, given our current planned events, would probably fall somewhere next year.

You're not alone, for instance I really liked gunblades from Final Fantasy VIII :) Unfortunately I think detailed info about them is found in the Ultimania, which I own but cannot read (yet!). Maybe for other videogames it is easier to collect info that go beyond the usual stats/attacks.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I like weapons! You could go into detail about where to find them, how to get them, what they look like, their status...there is a lot more to that then I realized. And Sofia you could still go into great detail about the gunblades even though you can't read the book. *hug*

Oh! What about favorite scenes? It would be rather small, saying why you like and what you like about it. Hmm. Oh! What about relationships? Or minigames? I'm a total fan of Chocobo Hot & Cold in Final Fantasy IX. I'd suggest monsters but that falls under the creature marathon.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

I know, but I think the Ultimania has some very interesting info about the history of gunblades and other things that cannot be found elsewhere. Actually some pages are available in English, but they are very few, especially compared to fan-made translations from other Ultimania guides.

For relationships we had a Valentine's Day marathon, still when Amassment was on LJ, that could fall into the category of repeating marathons if enough people are interested in doing it. Monsters, yes I think they can be included in the Creatures marathon. Minigames instead could work…personally I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy VIII Triple Triad :)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Sofia wrote:Pacman always made be a bit anxious, but I loved Commander Keen and the very first Final Fantasy games and…well many other games XD For the classic videogame marathon we should set a year as reference, say all the videogames chosen must have been released before xxxx. With this minor problem out of the way the only thing left to do is find a period to run it which, given our current planned events, would probably fall somewhere next year.

You're not alone, for instance I really liked gunblades from Final Fantasy VIII :) Unfortunately I think detailed info about them is found in the Ultimania, which I own but cannot read (yet!). Maybe for other videogames it is easier to collect info that go beyond the usual stats/attacks.
For the year, I propose 10 years before the starting date of the marathon.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Sofia wrote:Pacman always made be a bit anxious, but I loved Commander Keen and the very first Final Fantasy games and…well many other games XD For the classic videogame marathon we should set a year as reference, say all the videogames chosen must have been released before xxxx. With this minor problem out of the way the only thing left to do is find a period to run it which, given our current planned events, would probably fall somewhere next year.

That sounds like a good idea :D

I'm sure there's a translation on the internet somewhere, just have to scavenge for it.
Cherri wrote:I like weapons! You could go into detail about where to find them, how to get them, what they look like, their status...there is a lot more to that then I realized. And Sofia you could still go into great detail about the gunblades even though you can't read the book. *hug*
Yes! 8D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Camy wrote:I'm sure there's a translation on the internet somewhere, just have to scavenge for it.
Sadly not :(

I've searched high and low for translations, but I could find only some pages here and there. There are no official translations so everything available in English is provided by fans, who tend to prefer Ultimanias based on other Square-Enix games.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

For relationship, I didn't mean couples. I meant siblings or something. Sorry I didn't say so, I thought I did but I didn't. I figured so for the monsters which is no big deal. Triple Triad is fun, I play Final Fantasy VIII just for that.

Maybe you could scan or take pictures of the book and have someone translate it for you? I probably couldn't do it as I can only read English.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Cherri wrote:For relationship, I didn't mean couples. I meant siblings or something. Sorry I didn't say so, I thought I did but I didn't. I figured so for the monsters which is no big deal. Triple Triad is fun, I play Final Fantasy VIII just for that.

Maybe you could scan or take pictures of the book and have someone translate it for you? I probably couldn't do it as I can only read English.
Ah if that's the case relationships are fine, we only had (romantic) couples.

Yay another Triple Triad fan! I love it so much! And hey, it's also useful, especially if you do those no-level/no-GF/ETC…type of challenges. I didn't realise it until I did a no-level challenge during my last playthrough.

Scanning won't help much either, Ultimanias are rather big books, besides I don't know anyone willing to translate it. I had a friend who studied Japanese for a couple of years, but she told me the language was too difficult for her :(
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Sofia: I apologize for not being clear. Oh that's cool! I hate when my open rule goes bye bye. I have a Triple Triad app on my phone (android type). I like collecting all the cards. Some are just so pretty.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about them. Japanese is pretty difficult, Snow got to study it a bit. Maybe one day it'll have a translation.
;o; *** pew! pew!