EVENTS STAFF APPLICATIONS (REOPENED MAY 2013)

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
anon

EVENTS STAFF APPLICATIONS (REOPENED MAY 2013)

Post by anon »

Hey, you! Yes, you right there, staring at this post. Do you like brainstorming or have really cool ideas you'd like to share with the events team? Are you willing to work with a bunch of awesome people and be ahead with the red? The events staff is looking for some responsible, creative, and fun people to be part of their team, and maybe you can be part of the crew. As of now, we're understaffed, and we could really use an extra hand to help us out!

Responsibilities

The events team is just as what we say we do: we're in charge of the events that Amassment runs, from the scavenger hunts, shrine marathons, layout marathons, and now the monthly site nominations (SOTM). Here's how we usually run regular events:
  • We plan out which events will take place ahead of time and discuss deadlines for sign-ups
  • We will write out the sign-up post, ask each other to look over it, and make the header banners for it to look pretty
  • We will post the sign-up post on both the boards and related social networking websites
  • We make a list of the applicants
  • We hope things go well :)
  • We post up the results list
We handle all events with the exception of particular events that had been thought up by someone outside of the staffing team (example: Shiori with the Girl Mode Marathon, as it was her idea and we wouldn't feel comfortable if we ran it without talking to her). If that happens we'll stand by as back-up in case the person manning the event needs extra assistance. :D

Typically, events staff members won't have to do much if we do it all together. That's why we're a team!

Qualities we're looking for
  • Be active! You don't have to be online 24/7 but at least stick around when we need input for something. We base most of our decisions off of majority vote, and your opinion could be vital!
  • Be responsible! We do assign certain tasks to people and we would like them to be carried out in a timely fashion.
  • Be cooperative! We're talking about group effort, baby. We like helping each other out!
  • Have fun! We're a chill group of mofos who love extra party members. Schwing!
What will you get out of this?
  • You get to work with awesome people!
  • Your name will be colored red so you'll stand out like a cool bro.
  • Did we mention that you can get an @amassment.org e-mail forwarder?
  • HOT DAMN, SPANKING SHINY EVENTS STAFFER RIBBON, ANYONE?
  • Awww, yeah, a plug to your website on the staff page of the main website!
  • You'll get to play a key role on deciding which events will happen at Amassment!
  • You get great people-working skills, but that goes without saying.
Apply now!

PM Todd with the following:
Name:
E-mail:
Collective: (optional)
Why do you want to join us?:
What can you bring to our team?:
Relevant experience: (optional, but if you've had experience running an event, you can note it here)
Other: (optional, post any additional comments/questions you may have, or whatever you want)
We don't have a strict deadline for when we're closing off applications, so the position is open until filled. Application were reopened in May 2013. Apply today!
Todd

Re: ACCEPTING EVENTS STAFF APPLICATIONS: we need new staffer

Post by Todd »

Apply whether you think you are qualified or not! We're actually looking to have a diverse group of staffers on our team, with varying levels of shrining experience, so we can create the best events possible for the community as a whole.

We look forward to seeing you guys' apps!
Varen

Post by Varen »

I just wish to note that I am no longer working with Events, so if you wish to ask the Admins any questions regarding the work, please direct them to Todd, not me. XD

Best of luck to all applicants!
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
anon

Post by anon »

We're closing applications in one week (November 15). This your last chance to apply for this fun opportunity!

Edit: Applications closed. Thanks for your interest! :)
Todd

Re: EVENTS STAFF APPLICATIONS (REOPENED MAY 2013)

Post by Todd »

Reopening applications! Anyone interested, please PM me or Sofia!

Sofia and I have large events and activities down, and you'll get to help with the planning and execution of those, but what we're mainly looking for is someone who can help us plan and run small activities and memes here at the boards (banner trade, shrine reviews, etc), and possibly keep the domain's events page up to date because I admittedly suck at that. lol

We won't throw you to the wolves, and we'll help you as much as you need before throwing you out to run events, no worries. We're fun! Join us.