Your favorite part of making a shrine

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Crystal

Re: Your favorite part of making a shrine

Post by Crystal »

dubiousdisc wrote:...My favorite part is finally calling it done and putting it online XD
This is true. xD I also tend to find it the most overwhelming moment too though because I gotta get it online and make sure everything is working correctly and whatnot. It is also the time I tend to find all the spelling and grammar errors that I missed before uploading it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

The layout is the fun part, while it can be a pain in the butt to put together. The moment when I complete it on my server is amazing. I never get tired of it :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

dubiousdisc wrote:...My favorite part is finally calling it done and putting it online XD
Haha, that too! XD Good point! I haven't really felt that feeling yet... but hopefully I will soon!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

My favourite part is when inspiration hits and the words for the essays/analysis just flow out of me so fast my fingers have a hard time keeping up with my brain.

Also getting it online and stamping it done.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I like making the layout (sometimes) and mostly like when I get to write babbling, speculative essays. Sometimes writing "basic" information is really grueling. I'd rather just open a blank document and start rambling and dumping out all my thoughts about why something is or might be. It's a nice feeling to finally get it out of my head. XD
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

I like the preliminary research since I'm very curious, so I love to find connection and reasons behind certain thing and "oh look that actually makes sense with the character, let me add that to the shrine too *_*".

Incidentally, the fact that I get so excited about it is also why my research process is usually very short in terms of days, but it takes me considerably longer to actually write stuff down XD
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think my favorite thing is looking at the shrine and reading the content I've written. It makes me excited if I want to go back and read up on things I've written and/or forgotten at random times.
neo

Post by neo »

My favorite thing is setting up the layout and after hours of coding - IT LOOKS PERFECT.
Dat satisfaction.

^___^
Of course, I like putting in the content and everything as well, but I always do coding the hard way so 8'D it's triumphant when it works.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Getting the main pages and the layout together. And then actually completing it :D
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

I like getting a layout all nice and hammered out. I find that is often the easier part as well. lol.