A Questionaire

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

A Questionaire

Post by Todd »

Your Sites...

What is your oldest site?
What is your newest site?
What is your largest site?
What is your smallest site?
What is your favorite site you own?

Other Sites...

What is your favorite animanga site?
What is your favorite video game site?
What is your favorite live action (TV/movie) site?
What is your favorite book/comic site?
Todd

Re: A Questionaire

Post by Todd »

Your Sites...

My Sabin site, though it's been remade and renamed.

Requiem, my site to Edward.

This one's hard. Either Somewhere Only We Know or Ripples. The Sabin site has the most sections of all my sites, but the Reiko site is not far behind it and it has longer essays.

I almost said my Magus site, but I actually think Breathe Drew is smallest.

Although it's the messiest, needs the most work, and will never be perfect to me no matter how much work I put into it, I have to say the Tidus site, Poltergeist. It's also my least favorite for all of those reasons, which I know is weird.

Other Sites...

I'm not huge into animanga, but I love Shiori's Reina site. Reina is just a character I would like, and I love how engaging Shiori's essays are.

It's hard for me to pick just one. I have to go with Alex's famous Locke site.

Karen's Spock Lives is interesting and a lot of fun. I also really like Sarah's Intensity. I chose two. Shoot me.

First of all, more people need to make sites to books and comics! Second, since there aren't many, it's hard to pick a favorite. Aeryvae's Snape shrine probably.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Your Sites...

Dark Claws. It opened in 2006 if I recall correctly.

Cyberpunk, for my favoritest Quake cyborg.

Spark Needle, although a lot of content is really...cringeworthy...

I'm not sure. It might be Lithovore, all considered. But I might be working on a one-pager too.

Anger. It will be hard to top that one.

Other Sites...

I'll put this under anime even though the site also tackles the game - I can't not answer Copycat. Maybe if that other woman decides to delurk...
But on less favoritism-based preferences (lol), I'll have to answer La Fille Brave.

Probably Sleepwalk.

Spock Lives.

I can't think of any ;_;
Varen

Post by Varen »

dubiousdisc wrote:What is your favorite site you own?
Anger. It will be hard to top that one.
Yes, yes indeed. XD

Anyway:

Your Sites...

Heaven's Not Enough

... I'm not finished with it yet. I will showcase it when the results for the Minor Character Site Marathon are revealed.

Heaven's Not Enough. It's the one with the most content that I pulled out of my ass.

Eclipse. Doesn't help that the game pretty much tells you everything about the character, so most analysis is merely. I also recently took down a few pages that I deemed offensive, especially regarding her genderqueer status.

To be honest, I'm growing very disinterested with most of my sites lately. I think the closest is my newest one or Hitherto, since Heather is one of the few characters I still really like now.

Other Sites...

Going to agree with Todd, though I take it with Shiori's Kitajima site. I shamefully admit that I visit it whenever I need some inspiration because it's just that good. I also really like Jo's Seventh Heaven in terms of pairing sites, but unfortunately the site is down for now.

Double Negative is easily the best Zelda site, hell, my absolute favorite VG related fansite ever.

Karen's Hold Fast is pretty close to being it.

Not into Star Wars, but I really like The Other Side of the Sky. (For the recond, she's a novel-only character from what I know.)
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Your Sites...

What is your oldest site? Photosynthesis, opened July 31, 2009.
What is your newest site? Dynamic Family, opened February 02, 2012. Well, the fansite portion anyway. The fanlisting was opened in 2005. x_x But hopefully it still counts!
What is your largest site? Dynamic Family. I guess that's not surprising given it's a general series fansite? The sad part is it's not even as big as it could be. :swt2:
What is your smallest site? Photosynthesis.
What is your favorite site you own? Intensity. But it's a tough call, because I love all my babies.

Other Sites...

What is your favorite animanga site? It's very hard to choose, and I don't know if I even have one favorite, but I'll have to go with Ren's Skydancer. I love Ren's style of writing and the interesting pieces she presents, like the defense of Lenalee's miniskirts as well as a look at her love life.
What is your favorite video game site? Destinie's The Godfather. It is BOSS. (no pun intended)
What is your favorite live action (TV/movie) site? I've always loved Karen's Charlotte York tribute, Everything She Wants.
What is your favorite book/comic site? I think Heart of Uncertainty is pretty darn amazing, in regards to both layout and content. It makes me want to do a book character tribute, so that says a lot.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Your Sites...

I'll count shrines only to answer this...

Still online, probably Golden Phoenix. If reincarnations count then R.E.D.

Way Cool

Surreptitious

R.E.D.

I like R.E.D., Way Cool, Surreptitious and Golden Phoenix, in that order.

Other Sites...

Haven't picked one...

The Godfather, Poltergeist, ad Perpetuam Memoriam

haven't picked one...

See above answer...

I've seen great sites for all of those categories, but haven't really narrowed it down to my top 3.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aw, thanks Mikari. I'm glad you like Poltergeist! And I'm surprised Golden Phoenix is so low on your list! It's your best site, in my opinion.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

RED has JS games which makes it extra fun for me and it helped me learn basic JS. I'm no expert, but it helped a lot. Way Cool has an unusual subject part of my childhood and Surreptitious is the biggest plus it has a fanfic and quiz. Golden Phoenix was a prototype of something different made as an experiment. Boshi is from my first RPG and for Summon Night I had fun writing a fanfic novel. Golden Phoenix doesn't have those connections and was pieced together from edited blog rants that evolved into articles. I can relate to Layla, but then I can also relate to a lot of characters, so the site isn't all that unique from my perspective, albeit I still like it enough to keep it online.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Your Sites...

Sesshoumaru's Castle that opened on March 9th 2003.

My Minor Character site that you'll see soon ;D

Sesshoumaru's Castle because it has more pages (followers mostly) than Ulquiorra's xD

The Minor Character one.

Oh you can't ask me that! ALL DANGIT! [s]This will change when my Loki one is done haha![/s]

Other Sites...

This may seem weird but it will allllwayyys be Téa's A Killing Perfection.

Varen's Bayonetta one page site. It's so beautiful and I just can't get enough of it~! (Makes me want to play the game now too XD)

Saya's BBC Pride & Prejudice (I need to watch that series again...)

Since I was torn with this site and Saya's P&P site, I'll put Aeryvae's Snape site. Just...wow so interactive and inspiring and nails Snape <3 :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hmm, good question! It's Modest Mouser. I made it maybe 6 months-a year after my sister and I started our satirical Pokemon comic back in 2005/2006. Our comic is dead but my Meowth shrine still thrives! It started off with just 3 pages. I wanted to get back into shrines and I realized how different they had become...

Rock Steady, my site to Darunia.

Not sure...Are we counting pages or filesize? I'd say it's The Godfather. It has a lot of essays and they're pretty lengthy in comparison to some other sites.

Has to be Rock Steady. I couldn't figure out what to write, there wasn't much room for speculation for me.

Ahh! This one is SO HARD (because I tend to get rid of sites that I don't like). So I will have to pick more than one: Asunder because it was fun to write and Flight and The Godfather. I like them both, I feel like I did a pretty good job thinking through them and organizing my thoughts.

Other Sites...

Ah no this MEME is EVIL! I can't pick just one~! There are so many awesome sites out there I really can't. ;-;

Well if I HAVE TO CHOOSE SOME: Anger, Poltergeist, Ruin and a lot more. Too many more...

Hold Fast by Karen! :D

D: