Most Active Time of Year?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Most Active Time of Year?

Post by Destinie »

What is your most active time of year for making shrines? Do you create more shrines in the summer, winter, fall, spring? What impacts your motivation and ability to make shrines during the year?

Personally, I don't really have a certain time of year because I work full time. For me, I just make or work on sites whenever I can. I can say, however, that I can spend more time on my shrines in Fall and Winter. This is because I am usually home alone on Sundays and use that time to do artwork, work on sites, and pretty much anything else I can't do during the week. (It does seem that my last couple of shrines were made in early summer. I guess I had some time there?!)
Crystal

Re: Most Active Time of Year?

Post by Crystal »

This is tough. For starters I don't really think there is a specific time of the year when I'm most active. I mainly just make them when I feel like it. Things that impact my motivation tend to be what I'm doing at that moment. If I've got other stuff I'm actively working on (ie: video games) then I'm less likely to work on shrines. Unless I feel highly motivated to work on a shrine I tend to not do anything with them unless I find myself really bored and feeling the need to work on something.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

For me fall always seems to be the most productive period webdesign-wise. Both shrines and other stuff. I really have no idea why...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

In the past my most active time was summer because I was a student on vacation. That was followed by Christmas because again I was on vacation, though I didn't have quite as much time as in the summer. Now that I'm working, my most active time tends to be October because that's the low of the low season where we get the least number of flights. During September and November I work 4 days a week instead of 5, but during the beautiful October it's 2. with lovely 5 day weekends that's the perfect time for any online project. Right now I'm focusing on writing a chaptered story, which I hope to finish at some point in mid October, which will hopefully leave me with enough time to complete some online projects that have been left hanging for a while, revamp and revive a few sites and if I'm optimistic that all of that will be finished before October's end, possibly work on a mini-shrine I have been thinking about making, though that might end up being pushed back to November, but yeah, I'll get to it eventually.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I guess interest in making/working on sites comes and goes? Is there anything specifically that really gets you into the mood to work on sites (aside from having available free time)?
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I looked at the opening dates for all of my sites and the majority of them are in the summer. However, that's because most of those were made for marathons that are/were held in summertime. Which is more of an opportunity thing, I think. Because I have a lot of free time, I could make sites any time of year, really. I think it's more about motivation and when that strikes, which does come and go (as you suggest, Destinie). So for me at least, it all depends on when I have the motivation, which is sometimes helped if a marathon happens to be going on at the time.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
anon

Post by anon »

It's really sporadic for me. I do feel, however, most of my sites tend to pop up around the autumn.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Finding an awesome game/movie/series/character I really like gets me in the mood to make a site. That did happen a while ago, but I'll finish my fanfic and the sites I already had in the works before I jump into that. Marathons help motivation too, though having time for it and not being busy with other projects is important during those events too.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Since I'm in classes all year, I think Winter Vacation tends to be my most active time of year. I got "lucky" this year and had the summer off which helped with shrines because I had time. I usually do a lot of writing in the winter (when I'm more nostalgic and creative) in general though. So shrines come out then too. I think the fall/winter is best for me as that's just when I feel most creative. There are exceptions. Whenever a character won't leave me alone it either ends up in a story or a shrine. Just as long as I can write, I'm happy.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

/crazy amounts of thread necromancy because I just found this

I have always started more sites in the fall and winter, even when I was a student! Summer (and to some degree spring) is a pretty "dead" time for my sites because I'm generally out and about more, and I'm tired more often (heat + humidity + pollen = blehhhhh). Somehow when fall swings around I start getting suuuuper active on my sites again...maybe it's because I've had the summer "off?" LOL!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org