One Page, One Month : How do you find inspiration?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

Re: One Page, One Month : How do you find inspiration?

Post by Todd »

I agree with everything Destinie said! Adding to it:

I think the first thing you need to decide is what you wish to accomplish with your one pager. Do you want to make a fully analytical site to the character, or simply introduce the character to visitors? Deciding that will help you lay out your content more effectively.

I do agree that making a small outline will help a ton. I'm a huge fan of outlining, and outline all of my sites, but it's super helpful with one pagers in particular because you don't have a lot of room to write, and having a plan in place will help you make a more well-rounded site.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Mikari wrote:This time it was easy for me to pick a topic... Snow poked me about it XD and it's also something I've been meaning to do since forever. The possibility of sites by Snow & Cherri on related subjects in the future also helped motivate me and I do love the fandom for the series where the subject is from (and also the subject of course). I actually haven't gotten a message back yet, but either way, this is definitely something I plan to do, really. it's so over due. XD

YOU DESERVED IT. It's revenge for Madoka sites. ;w; (Seriously, I love you.) I might sign up for a second if I can figure out what I want to do with the site in question.

In response to Neo, Whatever idea strikes me, I'll use. My one page for the event was spawned by a Rod Stewart song and the idea that it fit a character in some obscure way. I couldn't let the idea go then.

My hardest challenge is being concise enough because I can elaborate way too much on silly things. I tend to lean towards one pages for practice in being concise and for minor characters. I find outlines help to set up everything. But I'm picky on the way I do it. And I tend to write whatever comes to mind. My outlines tend to be way too extensive so even for a one page I need to edit A LOT. I think for user friendly indenting paragraphs is a nice thing (it gives my eyes a break). I tend to have walls of text, though, so maybe I shouldn't talk about "user friendly". My biggest concern is having nice contrast to background and text for ease of reading. Preferably light background with dark text as I find it easiest to read.

As a side note, it's always better to have TOO much to cover than not enough. Editing and revising is the easier part I think. I'd rather edit and revise and cut things out than have to add (or come up with something to fill space).
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I actually have an idea for a second one but I'm in the process of taking on a second job so I might probably won't have time to sign up. At least I got to finish the one I did sign up for.