Favorite Marathon

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Mayumi

Favorite Marathon

Post by Mayumi »

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd post it here. I know many of us love to make shrines, otherwise we wouldn't be here right? XD; Alot of us are grateful for the marathons the wonderful staffers post to give in a boost to our fangirling to make shrines XD; But which one is your favorite marathon you'd like to participate in? ;D
Destinie

Re: Favorite Marathon

Post by Destinie »

I liked the Villains marathon but didn't get a chance to participate. I thought it was really cool, though! I also liked the Girl Mode Marathon. I'd like to participate in that one again! :P
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hehe, I've grown very fond of the One Pager because of its format and the amazing turnout it always has. :)

(Edit: not that the other ones don't, but that one seems to be the most accessible to people who don't have a lot of free time.)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I've only ever participated in the One Page, One Month shrine marathon (well not completely true. There was the Paperback marathon as well), but I think they're all fun.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I like this topic! My favorite marathon is One Page, One Month as well. It's one of our constants, and we always see people shrining in it who haven't shrined in a while, or haven't shrined at all. I always like seeing how people tackle the format, too, as some people get really creative with it.

Girl Mode was another favorite. It was a big success.

Also, crazy because it didn't have a lot of completed shrines, but I really liked the Live Action Marathon. All the shrines made during that marathon were stellar and are still up. That marathon, while small, charged up people's interest in Live Action shrines, and we saw a few others (and a directory!) pop up shortly after. Good stuff.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I haven't participated in a lot of events, really just the paperback marathon. I would like to participate in more though. I had fun making it and stuff.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Cherri wrote:I haven't participated in a lot of events, really just the paperback marathon. I would like to participate in more though. I had fun making it and stuff.
I havent been able to participate in any of the events yet! I really think you guys should do another villain one! That one sounds so fun to me :3 Or a minor character~
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Varen

Post by Varen »

I like minor character and Girl Mode definitely. <3 More love for the unrepresented!
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I would have to say the One Page Marathon is my favorite. :) Thanks to that, I made Photosynthesis, my first tribute in a long time. I also love how it allows so many people to participate, since one-pagers are relatively easier to tackle than full-blown tributes.

I also like Girl Mode. Sometimes I look back on that one and wish I had participated, but at least I can enjoy others' results from it.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Cherri wrote:I haven't participated in a lot of events, really just the paperback marathon. I would like to participate in more though. I had fun making it and stuff.
Ditto this~