Shrine Plans for 2018?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Stefi
Administrator

Shrine Plans for 2018?

Post by Stefi »

Out of curiosity, what shrines are you folks planning for the upcoming year? Or maybe something you've been working on that you plan on launching sometime soon?
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Shrine Plans for 2018?

Post by Robin »

I've got several irons in the fire...just no motivation to get the tongs and get them out of there, LOL!

LOL but seriously, here's some things I wouldn't mind accomplishing in 2018:

- Finish up my Eighth Doctor site (FOR REALZ yall)
- Finish up my Sound of Music site (slkdjf this is embarrassing omg)
- Update my City of Heroes site design (Google Fonts, etc.)
- Update my gaming site design (see above)

Also, if I get enough oomph, one of these shrine ideas might become reality:

- Princess Peach Toadstool (Super Mario Bros. game series)
- Fainne (Sevenwaters book series by Juliet Marillier)
- Egwene al’Vere (Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan)
- Kahlan Amnell (Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind)
- Isabeau NicFaghan (The Witches of Eileanan series by Kate Forsyth)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Jesspwnsyou

Post by Jesspwnsyou »

I think my plans for 2018 is to actually create my first shrine. I was hoping to start sooner but these past few months have been crazy!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Robin OOOOOHH WOW those are some AMBITIOUS PLANS!! Good luck!!!

@Jesspwnsyou It's okay, life happens, I can't wait to see what you will make though!

Me, I'd like to finish my shrine to Spenser from Pokemon Ranger, it's really almost finished but I need one final push to finish writing a page or two and go through it all and add figures and... yeah also decide what to name it at long last hjsadka

I also hope I'll get to write more pages for my Oblivion site, and I'm pretty sure I'll manage to write a few character pages for the Agarest site.

If things align, it would also be really nice to revamp my site about Ai from the Mewtwo saga. And my Quake 3 sites. Maybe this year, maybe next year...
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Ah man, I totally forgot to post my own plans lol.

So my big project is to wrap up my Tifa shrine, once and for all. I'm a decent way through, I just need to finish writing everything. I also would like to open a site to Minako (Sailor Venus) sometime before the end of the year :)

@Robin DID YOU SAY PRINCESS PEACH SHRINE???

@Jesspwnsyou GoGoGo!! If you need any help with this, feel free to start a topic or drop a message on the Discord server! I'm sure plenty of people will be totally willing to help out :)

@dubiousdisc I'm looking forward to all your planned updates! *__*
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Hello, all. Long time, no see! :)

Plans - changes to current shrines:

* Adrien Brody ("Emotionally Evocative"): Adding more about my favorite performances and films of his, and profiling some favorite characters. Also, making more icons! Especially from his stint as Luca Changretta on season four of Peaky Blinders.

* Michael Jackson ("For All Time"): This shrine is ridiculously empty. It is still at framework stages from the Construction Zone challenge last year. It needs... everything.

* Monica/Chandler ("Red Pin, Blue Pin") : This shrine will actually be absorbed into one I'm planning for the characters of Friends. I recently adopted the fanlisting for all Friends characters, and have decided to build it into a shrine. The relationship between Chandler and Monica will be part of that shrine.

Plans - new shrine

* George Michael - I recently opened a fanlisting for him (it's called "You Have Been Loved," after a song of his), and I want to create a shrine out of it. Writing about what he has meant in my life... little stories about how his music always seems to be intertwined with my memories. And of course, profiles and things about him and his music. Lyrics, my favorite songs (with why). And icons, of course.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Stefi YASSSS Princess Peach is my HOMEGIRL and I cannot believe I haven't gotten around to shrining her yet. I'm...not really sure how to, tbh??? But I would definitely like to do that sometime soon.

@dubiousdisc LOL yeah it'll be amazing if I can get even one of those projects done, because right now decluttering and organizing my house, dealing with ~40 years of clutter, is sorta consuming my life xD
withinmyworld.org
Amber

Post by Amber »

I wish I could say I had any major plans since the last two years I've fallen short because of work and life. If I get the time, I would love to at least get these projects finished and/or up.

Hikari/Dawn (Pokemon) - Charm Up: Get this shrine back online after taking offline back in 2012. Multiple attempts have been made to get started but there is just so much I want to cover and finding the time to get subtitled anime is hard (especially considering my hearing loss now I can't understand much of spoken Japanese anymore).

Donatello (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) - Techno Genius: I have been behind because like Hikari, there is so much information to cover on the various versions I want to cover. I figured I would wait for the final episode of the 2012 series to finish (if it has not already) and then cover the versions of Donatello I want to.

Fa Mulan (Disney's Mulan) - This is sort of like a "minishrine" I guess. I just wanted to list a bit of information and highlight some of my favorite moments of this character.

Future Plans (hopefully):

Castiel (Supernatural): I really want to do a character shrine towards this character.

Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon): I've always wanted to some sort of tribute to her. Maybe one day? There just used to be so many shrines and fansites with Sailor Moon, I tend to shy away from the fansite communities even to this day. XD

However, if I can at least get one of the above ones done that have been a work-in-progress for a while, I'll be happy. (:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Amber I definitely feel ya on the "so much to cover so little time" phenomenon! I'm facing that with my Princess Peach shrine idea.

One thing I have recently thought about, though, is maybe I should just cover the versions of her that really spoke to me--her game appearances that had a marked influence on how I felt about her character. It does feel a little like "the easy way out," ngl, but it will also be much more personal and have less chance for "wiki-itis" (which my shrines can easily fall victim to, LOL!).
withinmyworld.org
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

- New domain layout
- Lightning

That's pretty much it :blank: I've been fighting with a new domain layout for about a year, and have trashed 2 or 3 designs. Here's hoping the next one turns out okay. :sob:

Lightning is the main priority though. Once I get at least the first part finished I'll feel a lot better about working on other stuff. Hopefully I can squeeze Haruka (Sailor Uranus) in sometime though, since that site shouldn't be too big.
tonight fate is the