Shrine Plans for 2018?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
FandomSavant

Re: Shrine Plans for 2018?

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 pm @Amber I definitely feel ya on the "so much to cover so little time" phenomenon! I'm facing that with my Princess Peach shrine idea.

One thing I have recently thought about, though, is maybe I should just cover the versions of her that really spoke to me--her game appearances that had a marked influence on how I felt about her character. It does feel a little like "the easy way out," ngl, but it will also be much more personal and have less chance for "wiki-itis" (which my shrines can easily fall victim to, LOL!).
Yeah, my old fansites definitely suffered from "wiki-itis." I try to go more personal with shrines now, so I don't exhaust myself gathering all the information. ;) Actually, I could a little more Wiki in my current work, I think.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Oh yes, I actually made myself a spreadsheet to list all the stuff I want to do this year! Here's my list:

!New: Phosphophyllite, Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous
!New: New domain! Yet another revamp! I'm trying my best to get things online ;w;
!New: I'd like to get a school idol shrine up sometimes this year... I'm aiming for either Honoka or Chika
!Editing: I have some errors to fix on both my Ann and Hamuko/Minako shrines that I need to fix up asap. I also need to add more information to my Ranka shrine!
!Layout: New layout for Yukari - hoping to use that sweet new P3D artwork
!Closing: Unfortunately I don't have the drive to revamp my Chie shrine, so I'd like to either close it or archive it. Not sure quite yet orz
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Wow I can't wait to see everyone's work~! Yayaya!

My shrines have been in a dead state as I am wondering what I am going to do going forward. ORZ
One thing I wanted to do was move my Meowth shrine to nyarth.net and have it take over the domain. I also need to desperately update the collection page because I have so much more Meowth stuff now. *PROUD*!
Janna

Post by Janna »

I need to work on ALL of my shrines because most of them need more info and essays. But for new plans I wanted to make a shrine about Tomba! 2 for Playstation. That's my favourite platform game ever and I just NEED to do this shrine and a walkthrough to go with it. Seriously I know this game by heart and if I don't create a shrine to it I'm going to be disappointed at myself.
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Halfway through the year but...

New Projects
- Finish Prompto from FFXV
- Start Keith from Voltron

Revamps
Restructure and rewrite as needed. Redesign to meet 2018 Responsive layout needs
- Revamp Ziggy
- Revamp Allen
- Revamp Rosa

Add
- Content to Allura FL turn into tribute & redesign

- Make new responsive layout for domain.
- Tackle anything else on network that's not responsive or up to standard.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Bobbi There's still time! :D

In fact, now I'd want to ask people what they have accomplished out of their original plans...

You know what, I'll start -
I ACCOMPLISHED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF MY LIST LOL

I mean, I did other completely different things that weren't in my plans! With Denise, I've written lots and lots of things for Staircase Spirit which are shrine-sized articles in themselves. They kinda take the same writing approach as fansites too, but for each part where we're gushing at something there's three where we're salty so more than shrines it's, uh, desecration, lol.

On the more fansite-proper side, we've been working on a new site which should be launched soon! It's a site about Giuseppi from the Sims handheld spinoffs that we've been writing about. It's coming out great and we'll post it still "growing" - without 100% of the pages we mean to write for it, since we have so much to say. It should be good though :D

The Spenser site is still sooooo close to being finished content-wise but there's just something that's not sitting right with me about the layout, I'll do something about it whenever

The Oblivion site, I suspect I'll be writing for it soonish since I've been feeling the replay coming.

I said I wanted to revamp the Quake 3 sites but, in the meanwhile, now there's the new Quake Champions that heavily features both Slash and Anarki which I have sites about, they get whole backstories and stuff and their characters are not necessarily exactly the same as they used to be... so I don't yet know what I'll do about my sites in the light of that. I've been playing and I haven't unlocked all of their stuff yet anyway, so any decision will have to wait after that I suppose. For now I might consider putting a note on the front page that the sites are about the Quake 3 canon strictly and contain no information about the new game.

Now my updated list of stuff I want to see done before the end of the year would say:

- Revamp the main collective, because while I love the current layout, it's getting too unorganized. I have drawn a mockup, but I don't yet know what I want to use as a main picture in it - I only know I want to use some of my fanart but I don't know which picture yet... I'll wait until I finish a couple works in progress that I have before deciding.

- Actually finish the Spenser site? Like come on man
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

I feel like I'm just now getting to the stuff I signed up for in the last challenges. Mostly because work hit me and it was impossible to complete anything with the amount of hours I was putting in plus my side job. D: I'm working on Ziggy right now since it's the most incomplete as far as textual content goes. I redid the layout and now I'm combing through page by page and editing/rewriting content where needed.

I want to get my Xenosaga shrines in complete status. There's still information on the sequel that I want to add to Rosa's shrine but that shouldn't be too hard. I think that will be complete unless she appears in anything else or new merch comes out with her (FF trading straps or figures)

I just finished a fanart of Prompto that I'd really like to use on my domain at some point. But I don't feel like changing the layout right now.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

lmao at this point I just want to actually make a site again. Feels like I did all my sitemaking in another life, or in a dream or something xD

I'm still watching back through Yu-Gi-Oh! and enjoying it, as well as making mental notes for everything. Maybe that Kaiba shrine will actually come back into existence by the end of the year, LOL
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org