Marvel or DC?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

Marvel or DC?

Post by Todd »

At the Amassment voice chat this weekend, conversation got turned toward super heroes, and we discovered a lot of us want to make shrines to Marvel and DC characters. Let's make this a thing! Posting this in Shrine Discussions so we can discuss the formats and construction of this type of site:

Who would you shrine from Marvel or DC if you had the time and motivation?

How would you tackle a shrine to a character from Marvel or DC who has such a long history of canon to explore?

Would you focus on comics, movies, an animation series, or everything that the character might be featured in?
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by nyxmidnight »

I don't know Marvel or DC but if I did I would pick a really obscure character to reduce the amount of stuff to review lol
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I wanted to do it for Loki but he had so much lore I couldn't do it at the time. Don't think I'll be able to handle any really.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Saya

Post by Saya »

mhmmmm, probably to the relationship between Captain America and Iron Man in various universes.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Who would you shrine from Marvel or DC if you had the time and motivation?

Jim Gordon from Gotham XD

How would you tackle a shrine to a character from Marvel or DC who has such a long history of canon to explore? Would you focus on comics, movies, an animation series, or everything that the character might be featured in?

Focus on the version I like, as I did for Black Fire in the past.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I'd shrine Cassandra Cain (Batgirl #2) from Batman, star of the first Batgirl series! She is definitely a lesser-known, more obscure member of the Batfamily, though surprisingly popular with DC fans. She's also one of the first relatively popular Asian-American superheroes.

She doesn't have a particularly lengthy story as she didn't appear in the DC reboot until later on, so in her case, shrining her wouldn't be a matter of tackling a lot of material. However, because writers change constantly in any comic series, her characterization isn't exactly consistent throughout the Batman continuity. I think that would be the most challenging aspect of shrining her.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I've always been more into Marvel comics, cartoons, and movies because there's a certain level of goofiness to them, and the goofier the better. I love Ant-man and Spider-man for these reasons.

However, I was thinking about making a shrine for new Thor (female Thor) for a while now. I don't know if I will get around to it but I think she is a character that more people should talk about. It's not very often you see someone who has a chronic, or terminal, illness who is the star of the show. I would love to ramble on about how powerful this character is and is one superhero I can really relate to.

Luckily for her I could just focus on the comics. XD However, she is in the new Avengers and I haven't picked up any of those yet. So it would probably just focus on her own comic line.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

When I did my Dove II shrine, I focused on her earliest appearances in the comics because that version of her is not well known. Plus, they were the comics I had in print form, thus easily accessible.

I also liked the way the original writer of the late 80s series treated her character better than some of the later crap various writers have put her through.

(All this and yet I still haven't finished the gallery >_<)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Amber

Post by Amber »

Make shrines for both... :inlove:

I would be all for seeing new shrines for both of these comic book companies. I would prefer to see more shrines for other comic book companies besides the mainstream ones.

I doubt I would make a shrine for a DC or Marvel character but after working on a shrine for the last few years involving various versions of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character, it would be neat to see what everyone comes up with! :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Amber wrote:Make shrines for both... :inlove:
Seconding Amber, hehehehe