Your Character's Myers-Briggs Personality Results

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Your Character's Myers-Briggs Personality Results

Post by Destinie »

So Stefi started this topic about what is your Myers-Briggs result and I was thinking a lot about this. I LOVE stuff like this because I think it's interesting and insightful. So then it had me thinking, do some of the characters I make shrines for possibly fall into my same result?

For example, my personality type is ENFJ, according to the 16 Personalities website this type is known as "The Protagonist", which made me laugh. But I think that one of the characters that I strongly relate to is Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia and he is a CLASSIC ENFJ. So I thought "Would other characters I shrine have the same personality type?" I also am now debating on talking about this topic on some of my shrines and analyzing their personality type!

Other characters that I have shrines for that are definite ENFJs are Cooro and Darunia.

Now I'm off to debate this some more. What do you think?
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Your Character's Myers-Briggs Personality Results

Post by Robin »

(MIGHTY GOOGLE SEARCH I used to assist me with this response because I am HORRIBLE at typing personalities xD)

This is super interesting to me! I went through a few of my fandoms and this is what I found:

According to this Star Wars character chart, my fav characters (Luke and Leia) are INFP and ENTJ, respectively--each one is just one letter off from my types (ENFJ/ENFP), so I guess I see a bit of myself in both of them.

Looking at this Marvel Comics personalities chart, it shows that my fav character listed (Phil Coulson) is a direct match to me (ENFJ). COOL, I'm a badass agent 8D

This Disney character chart points out my favorite princesses as INFP (Belle) and ENFP (Ariel). Again, drawn to likenesses of myself, I guess! xD

Also this blog post aggregating several fictional character MBTI charts is hilarious!

The listed characters are ones I could definitely see myself shrining at some point, so I would guess that all my other favs fall into this "mirroring the self" pattern as well xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I LOVE MBTI CHARACTER TYPES.

However! Most of the characters I create shrines to are huge extroverts, so they don't really match with my ISFJ MBTI type! I tend to shrine characters I look up to, meaning they have a lot of traits I don't have usually. Yukari is typed as ENFJ/P, Hamuko is ENFJ, Mitsuru is ISTJ, and Chie is probably the closest at ESFJ. Tharja is also pretty close to my type too--she's an INFJ and that's the other type I generally score as.

Overall I find I tend to stray away from introverts though.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

That's an interesting question, Destinie!

Thinking about it... I can't really think of a character that I like/that I've made a shrine for that has a similar personality to mine. I think the closest it gets is with Slash and Anarki, who I'd judge as being both ENFP. Malice is most likely ISTJ, Ai I don't even know, Mordecai... INTJ probably. Actually, the only tendency I'm noting here is that the characters I like tend to be very different from each other.

I can't help but even wonder if there ARE characters who are in any way similar to me who are positive role models XD I looked at the links Robin has offered and every single character with my type is a character I either don't care for or actively dislike XD ...am I really that unsufferable
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I tend to gravitate towards making shrines to INFJ's masquerading as INTJ's (Squall Leonhart, Sasuke Uchiha, Blake from RWBY). They're difficult to write about, but a lot of fun! Not surprisingly, I used to date guys with these personality types, once upon a time. Needless to say, they were a total pain :P

Anyway, the characters closest to my MBTI are probably Sora (Kingdom Hearts), who can either be an ESFP or ENFP, and Mimi Tachikawa (Digimon), who I'd like to think is an ESFP.

This is a great topic, though! And I agree, I find this kind of stuff pretty fascinating. It's definitely an interesting to hear how other people relate to the characters they shrine.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Stefi Yes! Ah this discussion really opens a bag of worms for me, haha! Do we gravitate towards characters like us? Why or why not?

@Dubs So you definitely are on the "not" side, haha! I think it's neat that you have a wide variety of characters that you like!