Shrinely New Year's Resolutions?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Masao
Host

Re: Shrinely New Year's Resolutions?

Post by Masao »

Going to try keeping up productivity and finish that one secret project I've been working on, and also revamp Revenant.

Then I'd like to get started a bunch of new projects I've been thinking about :eyes:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Wow, Eunice! Ambitious but I would definitely love to see it! :D

My 2017 resolutions are:

1) Finish Godzilla
2) Litten Shrine
3) New layout for Through Realms
4) If I have the time/ability I would like to do another youkai watch shrine!
Anise

Post by Anise »

Mine are:

1. Get in progress content done for the Hawkeyes
2. Finish RainShine or Master That!
3. New layout for Red Lotus
4. Hang out more with you guys
5. Have time to actually do any of this
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Let's see...
  1. Finish Extraordinary, my Demi-Fiend shrine.
  2. Bring shrines back online! First and foremost... most probably Mara's. Because I'm 12. Teehee.
  3. Wait I forgot I need to get myself a collective back online! orz
  4. That huge series shrine to Sky Doll, I want to make it, yes I do.
  5. MOAR MEGATEN
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

The amount of shrines I have is still relatively small, so I'm going to focus on getting more shrines up first. That said, my current priority is my Gabranth shrine... which I am hoping to finish within the next few days but in case I don't, it'll hopefully be up by the end of January.

Other than that, I have a technically challenging project in my mind that I would like to try out, hopefully I'll get around to it. :ack2:

I joined in kind of late this year, but I'm also hoping to participate in upcoming Amassment shrining events for 2017. :D

I think those are my general goals for now. I kind of like spontaneous shrine making atm.
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I love seeing everyone's goals here. :star: So much ambition!! Best wishes to everyone and I hope you all haev productive 2017s!

(*poking dubiousdisc* KIRBYYYYY)

Here are mine! Trying not to be too ambitious because I don't want to disappoint myself :sob:

Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
  • Finish Regal -- a very specific goal because I'm only two sections away from completing it. Hoping to finish...soon ;_;
  • Revamp fanlisting collective + close/adopt some stuff out (to prioritize other web projectssss)
  • Progress on my Link shrine! Not sure if finishing it is in sight yet, but I'd love to at least write up some more pages (and escape note hell)
  • Shrine a HunterxHunter character???? :eyes:
  • Try to participate in and finish a shrine for some marathons this year!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

My Shrinely New Years' resolutions are pretty simple: finish and upload at least one shrine. Any shrine will do. About anything. Even if it's literally just an essay-dump where I upload my essays and nothing else, I need to finish something. :'D

Unfortunately I wasn't productive at all in 2016, due to it being the year that threw a lot of heavy health problems at me, but I really hope 2017 will be better and more productive! I'm going to try and sign up for Amassment challenges instead of debating signing up for ages and then ending up not signing up because of time constraints.

I have a list of projects that is ever-growing, but perhaps this year I can focus on something comics/DC related (thinking of Wonder Woman, especially since the movie is coming out this summer), or maybe tackle some Disney or books related projects. It would be amazing if I could tackle something bigger, but I want to start small first and then build up from there. :)

Also, definitely make a layout for rythulian.net. It must happen sometime before the end of 2017.

Good luck to everyone in 2017! :heart:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hm... I've got some concrete plans but I don't know when I'll get to do what. 2016 seemed very uncoordinated in shrines to me, especially in the second half: Almost all of my projects seemed to drag forever until they came to a standstill. And mental health blabla. It was also probably not a good balance because several planned shrines were enormous, so going from one big project to the next big project made it all feel overwhelming.

For 2017, I tried to set up a plan like Robin's (by quartal instead of by month) and failed miserably lmao, the list is blowing up with all the things I want to make and that's not good. Keeping it broad here:
  • I want to find time and energy to sit down and do a bunch of not-so-noticeable but much-needed clean-ups across all my shrines. Fix up typography for older shrines that don't use Google Fonts, switch all galleries to fancybox (have a dedicated folder for it somewhere too instead of uploading it for every single shrine), replace some depreciated code, etc. Add a few things here and there too, including buttons.
  • 2-3 sites of mine might need a new layout. I've been... making some progress with Photoshop lately after switching, so maybe I could try out something. :< I was also gifted a lovely Claymore layout header in Secret Santa, which I want to get up asap!
  • I'd like to get 1-2 portals up to set the foundation for future shrining projects. One of them is Six Chances.
  • Of the 5 shrines in the works right now, I'd like to make progress on at least 3, and release 2 of them. Don't know yet when I'll be in a better place to continue Waterbound/Haru and Sway/Gwendolyn.
  • I'd like to continue participating in events this year, especially member events, and start work on at least 2 new shrines aside from all of the above.
Anise wrote:4. Hang out more with you guys
OMG SO SWEET ;_; :heart:
Fiona wrote:The amount of shrines I have is still relatively small, so I'm going to focus on getting more shrines up first. That said, my current priority is my Gabranth shrine... which I am hoping to finish within the next few days but in case I don't, it'll hopefully be up by the end of January.

Other than that, I have a technically challenging project in my mind that I would like to try out, hopefully I'll get around to it. :ack2:

I joined in kind of late this year, but I'm also hoping to participate in upcoming Amassment shrining events for 2017. :D

I think those are my general goals for now. I kind of like spontaneous shrine making atm.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL OF THIS and would love to see you in events this year hehe!!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

My new years resolutions for my shrines are pretty lax, mainly because I don't want to overwork or stress myself out too much! But this year I'd really like to:
  • i. Get working on that Ranka Lee shrine... I just marathoned the series with my girlfriend, so now is the perfect time!!
    ii. Try out div layouts and stray from table for a bit... I want to learn new ways of designing and coding!
    iii. INTERACT MORE IN CHAT. This means I need to log onto my laptop more!!
I don't really have any revamps I need to get to since I did that last year, but maybe getting some new layouts up wouldn't also be a bad idea.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Tara wrote:i. Get working on that Ranka Lee shrine... I just marathoned the series with my girlfriend, so now is the perfect time!!
OMG YESSSSS :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I can't wait to see this Tara!!! You all have some seriously ambitious and wonderful resolutions. :sob: I'M SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE, it's gonna be a really great year for shrines, I can feel it. :blush: (Kirby, Litten, Megaten, HUNTERxHUNTER :eyes: )

I don't want to list out specifics, because I tend to shrine on a whim, but a few things I'd like to work on for sure are...
  • - Be more present at Amassment to read through other's shrines & leave feedback! Not only to be a more active member of the community, but because I deeply believe in stepping outside of your own headspace and allowing yourself to be inspired by others. (Something I don't do often enough in any facet of my life... I'm waaay to heads down when it comes to work, need to change that.)

- Reach a "complete" state for Kageyama. (I can't say "finished" because the manga is ongoing, I guess... but enough that it feels like a complete shrine!) Outside of that I don't have any concrete plans, but ideally I'd also like to finish my lil mini shrine to the Shimada Bros and work on a HUNTERxHUNTER project...? :eyes:

- I'd just love to do general housecleaning around the network! Need to go through and remove dead links, find new affiliates, maybe even revamp something? :blush:
I feel like in the past few months I've done a good job of just generally working on stuff more, so my goal is to just keep on keepin' on!