Keeping the focus

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Stefi
Administrator

Re: Keeping the focus

Post by Stefi »

Question! Are you having more difficulty with inspiration or productivity? While one generally follows the other, I find that there are different ways to remedy each of them.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Tara: All are very great points! I find I often have to be listening to something when working on a project although I'm finding lately silence is working too. It's kinda weird. xD I'm learning talking to friends is really helping too. It has helped me so much with my Yrel shrine. It's awesome!

@Stefi: I had to think on this for a minute because I never really thought about that. I think it's more of productivity. I'll look at something, have no idea what to do for it, and then just give up on it or get distracted by something else. I doubt myself a lot when trying to work on something so I think that tends to kill my productivity some.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Gotcha! I think since you're not meeting any deadlines, it might be a good idea to purposely step away from your computer rather than to try and tunnel into it and overwhelm yourself. Changing up the environment has worked for a lot of people, like cleaning up or rearranging their room. I work on a laptop, so I often go to coffee shops to get work done. And since I'm in public, I'm less likely to get distracted by social media or pop open YouTube.

This seems to work for me, not sure if it'll work for you, but I try to pick up a good book or a poetry collection right before I get a jump start on ideas for writing. Also, some content from my shrines come started from conversations with friends. If you've got someone to talk to about the subject you're shrining, ask if they're willing to listen or help give you ideas! :yay:
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Stefi wrote:Gotcha! I think since you're not meeting any deadlines, it might be a good idea to purposely step away from your computer rather than to try and tunnel into it and overwhelm yourself. Changing up the environment has worked for a lot of people, like cleaning up or rearranging their room. I work on a laptop, so I often go to coffee shops to get work done. And since I'm in public, I'm less likely to get distracted by social media or pop open YouTube.:
Yes, changing up the environment works for me too! Going for walk often works great for me. Pop on some music and goooo. It often seems to get my imagination going and ideas pop into my head that just doesn't come in the same way when I'm at my computer. So I just make a note on my phone as I'm walking so I don't forget.
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I just have a desktop so I'm confined to my room but what you say makes sense. Sometimes I'll be stuck and unable to think of anything but if I go to a different room in the house all the ideas come to me. What I should do is keep a notepad with me so I can write these things down because with the way my brain works I can forget everything by the time I get back to the computer.

That's a good idea! Sometimes others think of something I may not have even thought about. I'll have to try doing that more often.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.