Dream Big

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Dream Big

Post by Destinie »

In a perfect world, if you had all the time and energy you needed, what shrines would you make? What sort of plans do you have for current sites? In other words: What are the shrines you would like to do but can't make due to outside factors?

I have a few:

Ripley from Alien series- This has been on my radar for years. I haven't been able to make it because of time and I'm still not sure what to write about. There's so much I could do so I haven't figure out how to break down all the content. I was debating on just a series of discussions from each film. But I'm still not sure...

Speed from Speed Racer series- There are so many different versions of this series that I am having the same problem: Where would I start? I love the movie and original series, I probably wouldn't cover anything in between. But again, I need the energy to write.

Godzilla- I have a great name for this site, too! If I am to tackle another shrine in the next year, it might be this one!

All Cat Pokemon- I was thinking about doing another site for nyarth.net that focused ONLY on cat Pokemon! The thing is, that's a HUGE project! I could make it really gigantic or really basic, but I am not sure where to start. This site would be perfect to do if it was possibly the only site I would run. Oh, and I have a great name for this one, too: "Feline Affinity".

---

How about you??
Saya

Re: Dream Big

Post by Saya »

Destinie wrote:All Cat Pokemon- I was thinking about doing another site for nyarth.net that focused ONLY on cat Pokemon! The thing is, that's a HUGE project! I could make it really gigantic or really basic, but I am not sure where to start. This site would be perfect to do if it was possibly the only site I would run. Oh, and I have a great name for this one, too: "Feline Affinity". ?
OMG YOU SHOULD DO IT

-----

I normally come to the point where I see that or there aren't really much information I can get, or similar, and the other factor is that I have a real life.

1. Pride and Prejudice - make my one paged shrine dedicated to the bbc series, to a bigger shrine dedicated to the book and bbc series, and maybe saying something about the movie (sorry I didn't really like it, I still think that both main actors weren't chosen well for those characters) - but this one will probably done after I manage to finish Kingdom Hearts 3D shrine

2. Shion and Mokuren from Please Save My Earth - want to make a shrine divided in 3 parts: Mokuren, Shion and their relationship. Those two are my favorite from the series, and when I move out, I'll try to actually sit down and re-read the series taking notes while doing it, and maybe one day I will make a shrine for them

3. Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth - One day maybe I'll sit down and start working on the shrine dedicated to this fantastic character

4. Sephiroth from FF7 - WHY is there NO shrine for him?????? This one will be born if one day I again play ff7 =)

But before I start any of those (2,3,4) I need to finish the things I started and never finished: Shin from ES21, Watanuki from xxxholic, Doumeki from xxxholic ect.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
anon

Post by anon »

This is a pretty fun topic!

1. Miyako Inoue from Digimon: She has been on my to-do list FOREVER simply because she's actually my favorite Digimon character from the first time I saw her character design. I did run some shrines to her in the past but I closed them and any "revival" would need a huge revamp starting from scratch.

2. Roll.EXE from Megaman Battle Network: Same reason as Miyako, except a huge problem I ran in while revamping the site was that I wanted to include all faces of Roll, and her story is different in the anime, games, and manga. I gave up trying to decide what I wanted to do and the whole franchise is so expansive it was just too much work.

3. Ness from EarthBound (MOTHER2) & Super Smash Bros.: He's another one of my favorite video game characters EVER. It wouldn't take that much effort to do since he's pretty much a static character and really has no in-game dialogue, but I'm not very interested in fan sites anymore to go through with the thought.

4. Fan site to a manga series I read a lot: Okay, this isn't on my to-do list, actually, but since I gush about my favorite series a lot I just need an outlet for them. I did at one point think about making a site to either Nana Haruta or Io sakisaka's works but there are tons of great sites for them already. I think I'll make a fuckyeah Nana Haruta tumblr simply to post news about Stardust Wink though.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Saya Maybe I will!~ [s]eventually[/s] I am surprised there aren't any Sephiroth shrines! It'd be cool for me to see one, considering I know nothing about the character. xD

@Jo I miss Digimon shrines. :<
Todd

Post by Todd »

I like this topic!

I would abuse FFX like no other... Auron, Seymour, Kimahri. One or two of these might eventually get done, but for now, every time I replay FFX, I work on my Tidus site more, lol.

Ifrit! I love that summon.

Super Mario Bros.

Shadow the Hedgehog. I need to bring back my Knuckles site first, though.

Classic Mega Man/Rock. I love me some Mega Man.

Tommy from Power Rangers!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE MEGAMAN SITES
AND I WANT MEGAMAN SITES

but I share the same sentiment with Joe that you just don't make a multi-paged site for a Megaman character without tackling all the different versions and cameos and it soon becomes a daunting task D:

that said, the characters I would like to make expansive fansites for are, in no particular order:
  • Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge), who might as well be my favorite female character in anything ever,
  • Beelzemon (Digimon Tamers),
  • Bass (Megaman) (yeah...),
  • Isaac Clarke (Dead Space),
  • Jigen Daisuke (Lupin III), but how the hell do you make a fansite to a character who has appeared in three million things that I will never be able to read/watch, gaaaaah
It's interesting to see how so far all the subjects people are pulling out are on this list because they are projects too big to tackle...D:

Destinie: CAT POKEMON????
By the way, which ones would you consider cat Pokémon, out of curiosity? I've heard quite a bit of debate on that XD

Todd: I would also love to see something for Super Mario Bros.!!!
anon

Post by anon »

dubiousdisc wrote:EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE MEGAMAN SITES
AND I WANT MEGAMAN SITES
UNFFFFF BASSSS

I remember I owned a Blues/Protoman site and it was just AGHHHH TOO MANY PROTOMANS TO COVER
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

NO
WHAT
YOU HAD A PROTOMAN SITE?

DAMN MEGAMAN WHY IS YOUR CANON SO HUGE
anon

Post by anon »

dubiousdisc wrote:NO
WHAT
YOU HAD A PROTOMAN SITE?

DAMN MEGAMAN WHY IS YOUR CANON SO HUGE
It was to both original!Protoman and Protoman.EXE. Gosh this guy was so badass.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

There is really just one for me that I've wanted to do but the idea has just been so daunting that I've never gotten really far with it. The idea is a shrine for Link from the Legend of Zelda series. I've considered doing a shrine even for one incarnation of him but with my favorite one there is already an amazing shrine for and a general one would be hard to seeing as I kinda stopped following the series after Twilight Princess because I don't own a Wii and think trains are the stupidest thing to be in a Zelda game (despite how awesome I think they are). >.<
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.