Dream Big

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Dream Big

Post by dubiousdisc »

Tell me. I'm making shrines for minor characters from a multiplayer fps, heh. Go for it!!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

That sounds neat! I've pretty much narrowed my list down to the music or a race. The race sounds easier than the music. ;-;
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@Destinie Aw, thanks for your suggestions. :heart: It helps to hear those things, and I'll definitely keep them in mind!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

If I had all the time in the world and I was better at tl;dring at will...

Manikins fansite, including shrines and fanlisting for Futomimi, Sakahagi and the Collector Manikin - I bought a domain name for this, I just haven't gotten around to it. It seems rather daunting now, especially since fanlistings lost a lot of popularity and I haven't played SMT: Nocturne in a while.

Sky Doll series shrine - Thinking of going for the Literature challenge with this while the series is still on hiatus.

Until Death Do Us Part series shrine - This terrorist thriller manga series is still ongoing and gaining more and more characters. It'd be colossal work for a very obscure series.

Then I'd do one page tributes to my favourite characters from Megaten who don't warrant a full blown site, like Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 and Satake from the Devil Summoner Raidou games.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Ava

Post by Ava »

Crystal wrote:Because I am into WoW so much I've thought of opening some sort of related shrine to something from the series, but I'm not really sure how you could shrine anything from an MMO. It is still something I'd like to try to do though. x.x
I've done it for an MMO - Ragnarok Online. XD It was one of my very young, early sites. It was a sort of personal-informational combination site. The sections consisted of such content as descriptions of all my characters, opinions on all the locations, thoughts on favorite items, and descriptions of every agent of a certain NPC group that I could find.

If I saw a site like that now, I would still qualify it as a shrine, with all of its super personal content. Shrines are becoming too limited to a narrow focus and/or based only on hard facts these days. We already have Wiki for that. I'd be pretty happy to see your WoW site with a mishmash of all the things you like about the game. And I know you'd do it well.

nyxmidnight wrote:Then I'd do one page tributes to my favourite characters from Megaten who don't warrant a full blown site, like Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 and Satake from the Devil Summoner Raidou games.
Yes, Dojima fansite, please! Maybe that will inspire me to finally make that Nanako fansite on my projects list.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Ava wrote:
nyxmidnight wrote:Then I'd do one page tributes to my favourite characters from Megaten who don't warrant a full blown site, like Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 and Satake from the Devil Summoner Raidou games.
Yes, Dojima fansite, please! Maybe that will inspire me to finally make that Nanako fansite on my projects list.
I need both of these if you please dears. ;w;

I have a long list of projects that somehow keeps getting longer and longer. In some cases they decided to poke at me while I'm trying to sleep.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Ava wrote:I've done it for an MMO - Ragnarok Online. XD It was one of my very young, early sites. It was a sort of personal-informational combination site. The sections consisted of such content as descriptions of all my characters, opinions on all the locations, thoughts on favorite items, and descriptions of every agent of a certain NPC group that I could find.

If I saw a site like that now, I would still qualify it as a shrine, with all of its super personal content. Shrines are becoming too limited to a narrow focus and/or based only on hard facts these days. We already have Wiki for that. I'd be pretty happy to see your WoW site with a mishmash of all the things you like about the game. And I know you'd do it well.
I've actually considered doing something like that, but I really like the ideas that you used so I may actually go with it! I used to have something similar with my old WoW site Divine Storm ( dunno if anyone actually remembers it *cough*), which was a sort of blog/personal site type thing but I took it down due to lack of blogging. I'm all excited to get started now. :D
SnowRayjah wrote:I have a long list of projects that somehow keeps getting longer and longer. In some cases they decided to poke at me while I'm trying to sleep.
I'm having the same problem. Ughhhh. x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Crystal wrote:I've actually considered doing something like that, but I really like the ideas that you used so I may actually go with it! I used to have something similar with my old WoW site Divine Storm ( dunno if anyone actually remembers it *cough*), which was a sort of blog/personal site type thing but I took it down due to lack of blogging. I'm all excited to get started now. :D
Awesome! I remember Divine Storm and I'm so excited to see its rebirth. :yay:
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I think I'd just finish all the shrines I started years ago that ended up in development hell, because I still have all the files and media I collected and/or scanned for them.

x Aikawa Akane from Mahou Tsukai Tai!
x Kohsaka Makoto from Genshiken
x Tsuruta Kanako, badass drummer and J-pop artist

But before all that I need to finish my Seraphim Call general and expand my Diece FL into a proper shrine. :x
Shiori wrote:Kiel and I own SO MUCH ADG CRAP that we should put it to good use someday, maybe.
WE REALLY DO. NASA could probably see our combined collections from space at this point. *brofist* We should do something for it again someday, though. You know, before our retinas get too old to withstand the color palette in the animation anymore.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Kiel wrote:WE REALLY DO. NASA could probably see our combined collections from space at this point. *brofist* We should do something for it again someday, though. You know, before our retinas get too old to withstand the color palette in the animation anymore.
I can't wait for your Seraphim Call general site. I NEED IT IN MY LIFE, OK? And ngl I'm dying to see you get to your Akane tribute because bitch, she is fabulous.

Ahahaha I'm pretty sure my sight has been permanently damaged from watching broadcast-quality ADG in a darkened room. Can you imagine us writing about that series in an informative manner? If nothing else, I demand we have a section on our ADG site where we bite into mangoes and take pictures of the ones that resemble ADG character face shapes.