Dream Big

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Crystal

Re: Dream Big

Post by Crystal »

Destinie wrote:Zomg I think he's the main reason I keep watching that show! I just have to wait for Season 2 to be on Netflix. *shakes fist at hulu*
Yeah, usually I'm not into villains but Rumpelstiltskin seems to make himself an exception lol.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

There is an exception to almost every rule.

I plan on working on some of mine. It seems the list gets longer and longer.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Adam Jensen from Dues Ex: Human Revolution. Because he is awesome.

And he never asked for this -shot-
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Camy: I APPROVE
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

XDDD I really want to use like slick CSS transition effects for his site.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I'm reviving this thread because Game of Thrones has just started again, and that means so has the Sansa Stark hating. I LOVE Sansa and all I want to do right now is make a site for her so that I can ramble about her and how she's grown since the start of the series and why I hate how people compare her and Arya and how Sansa is NOT weak and about weaponised femininity and about how PEOPLE ARE WRONG ON THE INTERNET.

This will never happen because I'd have to reread the books because there's so much going on that I need to get straight before I could ever write about the series. But I think GRRM will finish the series before I get around to doing that. (so like twenty years from now)
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh man, Emma, I'd love to see you make a Sansa site one day. I'm only halfway through the second book myself but the amount of hate she gets makes me wants to punch people. She's such an incredible character and haters need to step off.

Also this topic is fantastic and now I'm thinking about my dream ideas!

- Classic/Modern: This is the big one, the one I've been wanting to make since, like, 2007: a tribute to every single Final Fantasy game, split into the old-school games (classic) and newer games (modern). With the advent of one-page tributes I think I might finally have a format, but the amount of work required has always kept me from doing this. I really do love every FF game, though, and always wanted to have sites for them all. The other problem is that the longer I take to make it, the more FF games slide from "modern" into "classic" -- I was originally going to split it up as I-VI and VII-XIII, but VII's not exactly modern anymore.

- My Story - a personal tribute for Ayumi Hamasaki, my favorite jpop artist. Been working on this since 2008, have about 10 pages of content floating around (some hand-written in notebooks), just never been able to get it together and online. Hoping to change that within a couple months, at long last.

- Flash & Fade - Lightning (FFXIII) fansite. Been working on it since the game came out in 2009, finally motivated to finish it thanks to Lightning Returns, but I keep working on other fansites first. Hopefully this year...? Lightning's my favorite FF character, though, so this is basically my dream site and I have a ton of ideas for it.

- Tales of Phantasia fansite. One of my absolute favorite games ever; I've been poking at making a fansite for it since 2006 and never managed it. One day?? Maybe??? I need to replay it.

I also always wanted to make a Cloud (FF7) site, but I'm gonna cover him in the Cloud & Tifa site I'm working on, so he's off the list.
tonight fate is the
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Oooh, this thread again, whee!
nyxmidnight wrote:If I had all the time in the world and I was better at tl;dring at will...

Manikins fansite, including shrines and fanlisting for Futomimi, Sakahagi and the Collector Manikin - I bought a domain name for this, I just haven't gotten around to it. It seems rather daunting now, especially since fanlistings lost a lot of popularity and I haven't played SMT: Nocturne in a while.

Sky Doll series shrine - Thinking of going for the Literature challenge with this while the series is still on hiatus.

Until Death Do Us Part series shrine - This terrorist thriller manga series is still ongoing and gaining more and more characters. It'd be colossal work for a very obscure series.

Then I'd do one page tributes to my favourite characters from Megaten who don't warrant a full blown site, like Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 and Satake from the Devil Summoner Raidou games.
... o.O welp. Clearly, Amassment is magic. I made 2/3 of these in like 6 months! It's thanks to you all :heart:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

You know, maybe I'll just start making notes for Sansa and maybe some day I'll manage to pull it together into something resembling coherence.
Larissa wrote: - Classic/Modern: This is the big one, the one I've been wanting to make since, like, 2007: a tribute to every single Final Fantasy game, split into the old-school games (classic) and newer games (modern). With the advent of one-page tributes I think I might finally have a format, but the amount of work required has always kept me from doing this. I really do love every FF game, though, and always wanted to have sites for them all. The other problem is that the longer I take to make it, the more FF games slide from "modern" into "classic" -- I was originally going to split it up as I-VI and VII-XIII, but VII's not exactly modern anymore.
Love this idea. I often thought about doing something similar when I owned the FF series fanlisting but it always seemed like such a daunting task that I never got around to it.
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

You totally should. <3 I'm surprised there aren't any Game of Thrones/ASOIAF sites already, honestly...

The other problem with the Classic/Modern idea is that I'd have to replay the games -- the ones I haven't played in years, anyway, and I was always too busy. At the moment I'm unemployed and would actually have time, so it's a matter of motivation and drive. Still, it's a huge project and at present I'd rather work on other stuff, but it's something I've always wanted to do regardless.
tonight fate is the