Help Me Name My Shrine!

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Laura

Help Me Name My Shrine!

Post by Laura »

One of the most difficult parts of creating a shrine can be coming up with a name for it! Sometimes it comes easy, sometimes it doesn't come at all.

If you need help figuring out a good name for your shrine, please use this thread! Maybe we can help! :) Sometimes, all it takes is a bit of insight from someone else~
Laura

Re: Help Me Name My Shrine!

Post by Laura »

WAIT. ACTUALLY I NEED TO USE THIS THREAD. LAL!

I'm working on a Cloak and Dagger shrine for the Duo challenge and currently, I'm not sure what to name it. For those not in the know, Cloak and Dagger possess the powers of darkness and light respectively (More info here!). They're rarely seen apart. I was thinking something like "Light Amidst Darkness" or "No Light Without Dark" but it feels like those are kinda corny sounding. xD

If anyone has any cool suggestions about Light/Dark, or vigilantes or... something, it'd be appreciated. T_T Names just aren't coming to me right now!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Yin Yang?
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Camy wrote:Yin Yang?
pls go away
neo

Post by neo »

A Light in the Dark

:x
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Eunice

Post by Eunice »

Balance. Equilibrium.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

@ Laura: I have a duo site planned to characters that are "opposites" but in balance and I went with "Antithesis." There are a lot of cool words to play with here for either opposites in balance or just opposites concept!

Also, I totally need this right now myself.

I want to shrine Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates but I have NO idea what to call it! I know a bunch of you guys are playing/have been playing lately, so any help would be appreciated!! I literally just have "Tiger Spirit" slapped on my layout right now as a place holder but I'm not happy with it.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Suggesting The Phrontistery as an inspirational resource for naming stuff~~~ seriously this site has been a lifesaver for me.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

I like everyone's suggestions so far but none of them "feel" right. T____T I don't know what it is, but it's like the spirit of the characters are missing. I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY. I don't know, usually coming up with a name is so much easier. Equilibrium is AMAZING but I'm not sure. ARGH. Pulling my hair out over here. >_<
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

How about playing with the names of shadows? Since shadows only show when light and dark meet it might be appropriate? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra,_pe ... d_antumbra Something eclipse-related might also be good?

So many good suggestions I feel like I am just adding some noise haha