Make This Shrine!

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Make This Shrine!

Post by Robin »

Eunice wrote:I'd love to see some Doctor Who shrines; companions, specific versions of the Doctor etc. I have an AlterListing for the 9th/10th (depending on whether you count the War Doctor as the 9th!) and it would be fun to extend it into a shrine.

Any more Doctor fans?
YES! :D I'm actually making an Eighth Doctor fan site (coming in May, since this year is the 20th anniversary of the TV movie that introduced him). :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Of course I am always happy to see more Disney subjects get shrines. They are a lot of fun to make and there are so many wonderful characters, relationships, and movies to choose from! Not only Disney, but any western animation company would be amazing. TV shows or movies, new or old, doesn't matter to me. Make all the animation shrines!

I'd also very much like to see more shrines to live action western TV or movies. (I suppose I should get on Marty, then...)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

wolfrun wrote:I want to see more ONE PIECE shrines!!
Me toooooooooo. I was surprised to come back to the shrining world and seeing so few Jump shrines, especially of the Jump 3 haha. I remember there were sooo many Bleach and Naruto shrines back in the day lmao. I imagine it might be daunting to start a shrine to any of these series these days due to the very extensive Wikis dedicated to them, but really, there are a lot of things Wikis can't cover due to their structure (shrine-defining aspects aside).
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I may make a shrine to Renji Abarai (or Ichigo/Renji) of Bleach at some point...

Mine is a bit... special. I want to see shrines to different series' interpretation of Lucifer. I'm thinking about a shrine to Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei, but I'm always interested in interpretation of the devil in media.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

nyxmidnight wrote:Mine is a bit... special. I want to see shrines to different series' interpretation of Lucifer. I'm thinking about a shrine to Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei, but I'm always interested in interpretation of the devil in media.
So essentially you want to see a shrine to the devil.
Allow me to repeat, you want to see A SHRINE TO THE DEVIL.

Jokes aside, I'd be really interested in that...but this comes to nobody's surprise, doesn't it?
Laura

Post by Laura »

Eunice wrote:I'd love to see some Doctor Who shrines; companions, specific versions of the Doctor etc. I have an AlterListing for the 9th/10th (depending on whether you count the War Doctor as the 9th!) and it would be fun to extend it into a shrine.

Any more Doctor fans?
YES. I've been thinking about doing a Doctor Who fansite but I have no idea to what character. 11th is pretty tempting but I dunno. *_*; I've got a lot on my plate as it is so I might just hope that other people get around to doing stuff I can read/visit instead. x3
Lethe wrote:I was surprised to come back to the shrining world and seeing so few Jump shrines, especially of the Jump 3 haha. I remember there were sooo many Bleach and Naruto shrines back in the day lmao. I imagine it might be daunting to start a shrine to any of these series these days due to the very extensive Wikis dedicated to them, but really, there are a lot of things Wikis can't cover due to their structure (shrine-defining aspects aside).
OMG I remember how many Bleach and Naruto shrines there were! I remember there being only a couple One Piece ones though.. for some reason it was never as popular for shrining. :/ Same with Fairy Tail. We definitely need more! I don't think wikis are too much of an issue... they can present a challenge but also a nice reference for my own materials. :D Like you say, shrines can fill the void of things wikis generally lack. x3 <3
nyxmidnight wrote:Mine is a bit... special. I want to see shrines to different series' interpretation of Lucifer. I'm thinking about a shrine to Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei, but I'm always interested in interpretation of the devil in media.
Ooho, that's a really cool idea!! :D I hope you go through with it, I'd LOVE to visit and read it!!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

nyxmidnight wrote:I may make a shrine to Renji Abarai (or Ichigo/Renji) of Bleach at some point...
Moar Bleach shrines!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

dubiousdisc wrote:So essentially you want to see a shrine to the devil.
Allow me to repeat, you want to see A SHRINE TO THE DEVIL.

Jokes aside, I'd be really interested in that...but this comes to nobody's surprise, doesn't it?
Is anyone really surprised by my idea, really? I mean I did use to maintain the fanlisting to Megaten's Lucifer :heh: But yes! More shrine to antagonists! More shrines to the devil!
Crystal wrote: Moar Bleach shrines!
Hell yeah more Bleach shrines too!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

No, not surprised, it's just
you literally want a shrine to the devil
a SHRINE!!

IT WAS A PUN vghjbkl
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

nyxmidnight wrote:Hell yeah more Bleach shrines too!
Yes! My links section is so tiny. I need more Bleach shrines to link!

More Legend of Zelda shrines wouldn't hurt either. Most of the ones online now, while still awesome, haven't been touched/updated in years. Some fresh sites would be nice.

Also maybe some shrines that don't fit into the area of anime/tv/games/etc.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.