Make This Shrine!

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Make This Shrine!

Post by Megan »

FandomSavant wrote:
Megan wrote:LORD OF THE RINGS !!!
Oh my gosh, yes!!! Seconded!!!
I realllyyyy love Arwen!! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Megan wrote:
FandomSavant wrote:
Oh my gosh, yes!!! Seconded!!!
I realllyyyy love Arwen!! :D
Good choice. :) I have a very unoriginal favorite: Gandalf. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Laura

Post by Laura »

AdriCULOUS wrote:Years before, when the LOTR movies premiered in the early 2000s, I thought of opening my own LOTR shrine, but it'd be more on commentary and essays in relations to Roman Catholicism (I'm Catholic, J.R.R. Tolkien was Catholic too), but then I don't think anyone would be interested or even visit it because shrines back then has to have some media and fancy graphical content. All I had were the books LOL. So I tossed the idea.
If you still have those thoughts, you should definitely do it. :) It'd be an interesting, atypical look at the series. I wanted to create a shrine to Aragorn but was put off by it because the Tolkien community at large is pretty... uhm... anal retentive, I guess. xD; But these days, I don't really care too much about the enthusiast's opinions; we should make what we want! :3 Anyway, I'd be interested in reading a site like the one you wanted to make, I'm sure other people would too~
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

AdriCULOUS wrote: Years before, when the LOTR movies premiered in the early 2000s, I thought of opening my own LOTR shrine, but it'd be more on commentary and essays in relations to Roman Catholicism (I'm Catholic, J.R.R. Tolkien was Catholic too), but then I don't think anyone would be interested or even visit it because shrines back then has to have some media and fancy graphical content. All I had were the books LOL. So I tossed the idea.
DUDE I am a mythology/religion nerd and I would read the heck out of that shrine.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Laura

Post by Laura »

<sob> I just saw that garrus.aldurant.org doesn't exist anymore. Q___________Q Now I feel even more compelled to do a Garrus shrine. /crai We need more Mass Effect~!
Laura

Post by Laura »

AdriCULOUS wrote:Mass Effect! I bought the entire trilogy from Steam last year and started playing the first one, but then I got busy with the new laptop and then web dev classes that I stopped playing it. I'll play the game again and maybe make a shrine/fansite based of it when I'm inspired enough LOL. ^^
Yesssssssss! I hope you do get back into it, ME2 is even better than the first one (plays a bit nicer too). :3 I'd get more into it but I think that'd be better for a different forum category. xD
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

AdriCULOUS wrote:
LOL that's a very ambitious subject. I have the trilogy and The Hobbit on the family bookshelf (they're actually my parents', since they read it when they were in their young school days XD), plus there are other LOTR-related books too (The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales of Middle-Earth, etc.).

Years before, when the LOTR movies premiered in the early 2000s, I thought of opening my own LOTR shrine, but it'd be more on commentary and essays in relations to Roman Catholicism (I'm Catholic, J.R.R. Tolkien was Catholic too), but then I don't think anyone would be interested or even visit it because shrines back then has to have some media and fancy graphical content. All I had were the books LOL. So I tossed the idea.
That sounds so cool.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I agree that I'd love to see some Lord of the Rings shrines. Also more Harry Potter, please! Also, would adore some more Hunger Games shrines. *pokes Samantha* Katniiiiiiss.

Some video game related ones: More Animal Crossing villagers! They're such cute little sites. I really enjoyed making mine. Chrono Trigger characters (there's already a handful of amazing ones, but I'm greedy). Echoing Dragon Age series from other people. I'd love to see more Final Fantasy IX as well. I support new Legend of Zelda shrines because I just want shiny new Zelda sites to read. *_* More human Pokemon characters (GYM LEADERS PLS). Also Sonic the Hedgehog and Star Fox.

Calling myself out for not having any shrines to most of these yet tbh
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

AdriCULOUS wrote:
wolfrun wrote: If you still have those thoughts, you should definitely do it. :) It'd be an interesting, atypical look at the series. I wanted to create a shrine to Aragorn but was put off by it because the Tolkien community at large is pretty... uhm... anal retentive, I guess. xD; But these days, I don't really care too much about the enthusiast's opinions; we should make what we want! :3 Anyway, I'd be interested in reading a site like the one you wanted to make, I'm sure other people would too~
The early 2000s when LOTR came out in movie format suddenly got all "trendy," just like how Twilight got all "trendy" when the movies started coming out (then again, I never really liked the Twilight series, read the first book, didn't like the writing style and where it's going, so I dropped the series LOL). I remember how some ppl started having LOTR-related domains with the (in)famous .nu extension and then considering themselves the "ultimate" LOTR fan. The idea of me building a LOTR shrine turned me off because none of them even read the books.

I'd have to re-read the books again for me to make that LOTR "commentary" shrine. The last time I read them was like in the late '80s in middle school for a book report (The Hobbit) and the LOTR trilogy in the early '90s for a book analytical essay in high school. Yeah LOL.
nyxmidnight wrote: DUDE I am a mythology/religion nerd and I would read the heck out of that shrine.
When the time comes, maybe I will open one. Maybe it'd be in blog format (like most sites I own as of late :x) or something. ^^
I think having a general LOTR site would turn me off simply because of how large the fandom is. However, I don't think that it's a bad thing for people to like the movies over the books. I have read the books, and in my opinion, it's hard for me to get through war-type scenes in books whereas the movies gave me something visual to get through it! I can appreciate all of the books for what they are, but the movies were amazing! (Well, The Hobbit movies dragged on way too long and the book was better in my opinion) I have watched them all at once many times! I also don't think you should let other people who say "I AM THE BIGGEST FAN!" ever stop you from making what you love! I had that problem with my Axel site from Kingdom Hearts back in the day soooo many times, but I just ignored it :p So if you ever feel like making your site, just go for it! I would probably make a site to Arwen but I would probably keep it strictly movie-based because I enjoyed her role in the movie more than I did in the books! But everyone has their own opinions of course ~

also @Megan YES TO HARRY POTTER AND HUNGER GAMES!! And of course to Pokemon Gym Leaders! We still have to poke people to make a mini marathon out of The Herald Eight!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Re: Harry Potter - -

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A SHRINE TO HUFFLEPUFF? I FEEL LIKE HUFFLEPUFF NEEDS MORE LOVE.