Relationship Pages

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Relationship Pages

Post by nyxmidnight »

CuriousLittleBird wrote: - Is the relationship canon or fanon? If canon, the page/blurb needs a brief synopsis of the relationship as it plays out in the story, with visuals if applicable, and then some opinions. If fanon, the page/blurb needs evidence for (and evidence against, to be fair), with appropriate visuals if available, and then opinions.
Man, *bleep* evidence against, my ships are the best and on my shrines it's not up for debate XD
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

LOL, Nyx! Yeah, I didn't start out doing "evidence against" stuff at first, but I realized that if people could visually weigh the tiny hunks of "evidence against" versus the HUGE stacks of "evidence for," they might appreciate my arguments more. *sneaky reverse psychology shiz*
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I really just write about whatever I have in mind about the case at hand, so it really depends on what I'm writing about.

For my Ai site I was trying to tell her story in a linear way, so there's no specific section that discusses her relationships; instead, I discuss them whenever they come into play in the story.
But then when I made my Mordecai site I felt no need to tackle his character in the same way, so I have more "conventional" pages that discuss his character by topic, and one of them is the relationships page. Since it's a very small site, I put everything on the same page, even though some relationships are more important than others. Since the site is linear, I tried to keep a flow to what I was discussing, so I purposedly left his most important relationship for last and tried to connect to what I had previously said about other things, blah blah blah.

Really though, as for what concerns writing the actual things I just...write it however it seems most natural for me and for the project at hand. Though, I try to avoid going into "this happened, then there was that, then this happened too, and they were friends", or into "they are friends, as shown here, here and here". I try to keep it more flowing and to focus on what piques my interest and what I personally want to talk about.

Then of course I end up always writing far more than what I originally planned because while I'm writing I think about other things and I end up with a page instead of a paragraph, but that's a happy accident too, haha. I don't force it when it doesn't come naturally to me, though.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

I usually leave the relationtionships section for last as well, but more because it always ends up being the biggest one and I like to start doing the sections I know I can finish quickly first.

I don't have a particular pattern to write them, I usually just describe how the characters act towards each other with particular focus on the evolution of their relationship if there is any (I really like relationships that starty shakily but where the two characters end up growing on each other the more they interact, so I'm kind of always on the look-out for those).
I also like to point out characteristics that are specific to a certain relationship (eg: if character A acts in a certain way only towards character B etc etc...).
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I usually wait till the end as well for my relationship pages... and relationship sites are extremely time consuming for me x_x;;

However, I usually tell their story and then add some of my opinions and thoughts at the bottom! When I make it into a site for a relationship I like to tell the story, give evidence and opinions, and background information on the characters themselves!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

nyxmidnight wrote: Man, *bleep* evidence against, my ships are the best and on my shrines it's not up for debate XD
lol i should follow this policy. i don't usually discuss against evidence if its canon, but if its just me fangirling, the past i have.

I'm glad to know im not the only one who struggles with this. @_@ I'm going to keep everything said in mind for my future shrines. Hopefully i can spruce up and add on more to Juvia with some of the thing said here. I don't know why but Juvia has proven to be the most difficult. Maybe its just the nature of the series? I dont remember having nearly as much trouble with my other shrines. Those were also written years ago too @_@