Shrining Out of Your Element

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Crystal

Re: Shrining Out of Your Element

Post by Crystal »

Aww, thanks Robin. :) In order to bring it up to my current standards I would have to completely redo everything.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ah, ok :) yeah, I hear ya, I had a few shrines like that back in the day...I ended up being completely lazy and taking them offline rather than fix them. (One, my MTG site, was sooooo bad that I ended up completely reformulating my idea for the site and turning it into what is now my gaming site :) )
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I've had to drop what was going to be my Paperback marathon shrine because my subject felt too "sacred" for me to write about it. I can think of several other subjects that I'd love to tribute in some form, but that haven't gone beyond the stage of mere fantasy out of fear of desecrating the source material. Not that the sites I have are for things that I don't hold in high regard, but the ones I can't absolutely touch are the things that have been with me since childhood and for which I have a somewhat religious sort of respect. Somehow I find it much easier to tackle material that I consider in some form "flawed".
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@DD: TOTALLY understand. I'd love to do a Princess Peach shrine but I'm afraid I just wouldn't do her justice. >_<

(OCD sucks, y'all. 0/10 would not recommend.)
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Is a particular type of site out of your comfort zone or element?

Live action, if I ever made one I would probably focus on the character and have little to say about the actor, as I don't follow celebrities.

What are some struggles you have found while working on these sites in the past?

I don't have one ^^;; Though I have been considering a site to a non-Japanese animated character, which would be different from my existing sites.

Have you not worked on a site you wanted to make because it was out of your element or comfort zone?

It hasn't really come up, but I think I would give it a try anyway. Actually, thinking back on it, information centric sites are not really my thing, as I'm more about media, so I guess I haven't backed down with all the sites I've made so far.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:@DD: TOTALLY understand. I'd love to do a Princess Peach shrine but I'm afraid I just wouldn't do her justice. >_<

(OCD sucks, y'all. 0/10 would not recommend.)
This with Luigi. :(
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Robin & Crystal: You should totally go for it, there's no rush, just let the shrine build itself slowly.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari probably will do it after my book character shrines are finished. (I just don't want to end up with a "finished" Princess Peach shrine and be like "...mannnnn this sucks.")
withinmyworld.org