Book Character Shrines?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

Book Character Shrines?

Post by Robin »

I've got several ideas for book character shrines (not manga/visual novels), and I was wondering how common this was among fellow Amassment members. :)

(Also, how would one make layouts for said book characters, especially if they aren't pictured in any cover art, etc?)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Book Character Shrines?

Post by nyxmidnight »

I say hey, it doesn't have to have pictures in the layout! Appropriate colours and small decoration elements can work just as well imho.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Nyx: Hmmmm that gives me an idea for one of the shrines, at least! :D :D Maybe I can finally get moving on these shrines ^_^

The biggest part of doing book character shrines is that I'll have to do a good bit of background/summary for folks who haven't read the book yet, so that the characters each make sense in their own little worlds. But I think that'll be interesting, too--just have to go back and reread, lol
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

We've had the Paperback Marathon last year that was for books and comics! These were the results. But before that, there were some more book-related shrines already. They're not many but there's a few.

Considering that the Paperback Marathon is included in Blast From The Past...you might want to sign up for that, haha.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ooo :D Might have to do that! ^o^
withinmyworld.org
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

There are a couple book shrines. Most of it is manga or comic boook honestly. But there are a few honest to book ones. Snow has one to the Monkey's Paw, there is one for Pride and Prejudice and Peta from Hunger Games. Might be more but off the top of my head I remember those ones....
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

One thing you could do is use images of a celebrity that you imagine looks like the character or who you would like to see play the character if a movie version was ever made. That is what Daphne did with the aforementioned Peeta shrine. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Sarah wrote:One thing you could do is use images of a celebrity that you imagine looks like the character or who you would like to see play the character if a movie version was ever made. That is what Daphne did with the aforementioned Peeta shrine. :)
OH COOL! That's a great idea :D
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

There's also two Harry Potter sites: Heir of Slytherin by Victoria and Heart of Uncertainy by Aeryvae that are focused more on the books but do use caps from the movies.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Camy: Cool! All of the book series I'd be working from haven't been made into movies, but I could still pull from similarly-themed movies/shows, I think ^_^
withinmyworld.org