Multiple Shrines to Same Series

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Mikari

Re: Multiple Shrines to Same Series

Post by Mikari »

I used to have shrines for Reno and Shera from Final Fantasy VII. From Summon Night: Swordcraft Story I had shrines to Ureksa, Sakuro, VarilxPratty and CleruxSugar. They were all very focused on the character so they were different. Later only the Ureksa shrine survived and was revamped to be more detailed and have additional game info. From FFVII only Reno survived.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Guilty as charged! XD; I used to have 2 for Avalon Code. Not too mention I have had a lot of Pokemon shrines and several digimon ones in the past. Currently, I have 2 shrines for characters from Starfox. I guess you can say they are both from the same game because I cover aspects of both.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Joe wrote:I have done this before. I dunno if it's illogical or unnecessary but basically I do assume people don't visit my other sites and rewrite the information as scratch as is.
I kind of do the same thing. xD Now I think I would lean towards pointing people to another site where I've already written the same information so I wouldn't have to write it again.

Which brings up an interesting topic- how to handle rewriting similar information...?
anon

Post by anon »

I don't think there's much to think about when rewriting, haha. :9 I just... recount all the events I want to write about except in different words?
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I honestly don't think I could do two shrines from the same series. It would bother me, I'm sure of it. And the re-writing bit had never even occurred to me. So I don't know what it is, really. It might be that I want my shrine subjects to be as unique from one another as possible (but not merely for the sake of being unique, mind). I don't know how to articulate it, I just think it's something like, each subject needs to be special. And having more than one subject from a series would make each shrine seem less special. That is just me, though. It's definitely not how I feel about others with multiple shrines to the same series.

I'm very anal when it comes to my websites.. :ack2:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie wrote:
Joe wrote:I have done this before. I dunno if it's illogical or unnecessary but basically I do assume people don't visit my other sites and rewrite the information as scratch as is.
I kind of do the same thing. xD Now I think I would lean towards pointing people to another site where I've already written the same information so I wouldn't have to write it again.

Which brings up an interesting topic- how to handle rewriting similar information...?
I have something to say about this. When I was working on the Anarki shrine, I was also thinking about making other Quake character shrines (and maybe I will), and in that case I was thinking that one approach to presenting the same information might be to have a main hub for the series that then forks into different sites. I guess this would solve part of the problem. Its downside is that you don't necessarily know from the beginning that you will be opening a bunch of sites from the same series, so if you started out with one and ended up with many, you might need to rework everything and it might be long and tedious.
anon

Post by anon »

I think if what you want to rewrite is long (primarily when it comes to relationships since two characters do cross over) it might be tedious work. So I guess it just depends on the length and how much you are willing to rewrite.

LOL, guys, don't think too hard on rewriting. Sometimes with these shrine discussions I feel people overthink too much of something that should be straightforward.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I guess a lot of us are big on overthinking...XD
Eden

Post by Eden »

Since I'm doing something to 5 different characters from the same series, I was thinking of having a hub page for the basic information/stuff that would end up as copypasta on its own pages, and then have links to the character tributes with their own content. That solved the crisis in my opinion. XD
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
anon

Post by anon »

I noticed! :D I guess I'm totally the whatever type which is why I don't have any special telltale approaches to anything. Rewriting is just rewriting to me.