What part of shrine-building drives you nuts?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Robin
Events Staffer

What part of shrine-building drives you nuts?

Post by Robin »

What part of the shrine-building process is a pain for you? Content generation, making the layout, etc?

(For me, I get antsy trying to make little icons and site buttons--it's very very tedious and I'm very very A.D.D. LOL! Also, making "Site" pages in general is not my favorite part of shrining, because it feels like I'm just repeating myself from other sites.)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: What part of shrine-building drives you nuts?

Post by Megan »

I get frustrated making 88x31 buttons... I can never seem to find a good font for my site titles... I also have some longer site titles too... ahhh. I also get antsy about pages that just have like techniques or attacks for game-related sites. It is just tedious and the pages are usually pretty dull (I like to have images on each of my pages if i can for some eye-candy!)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Making the link buttons and banners, definitely. It's what I hated about fanlistings too! At least now in shrining there are less images to be made...
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

One of my biggest aggravations is coming up with a name. Rarely does the name for a site come easily to me. More often, I can't come up with anything I truly like and have to settle on something, OR I come up with several names that I love and have to struggle to decide on one. :ack2:

Another issue I tend to have is writing about personality and relationships. Those are my least favorite sections to write for shrines.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Writing site information. I am torn between thinking it's masturbatory and pointless and thinking that still, it's somewhat important to let this information out. I just don't know ;_;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Sometimes it's the character info, other times it's the site info, making buttons. Just depends on the site. I can generally come up with a name no problem and a design, so I guess it's everything else. ^-^;
;o; *** pew! pew!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

dubiousdisc wrote:Writing site information. I am torn between thinking it's masturbatory and pointless and thinking that still, it's somewhat important to let this information out. I just don't know ;_;
"Masturbatory," ROFL!! I agree--sometimes I end up putting site info on a sidebar just so I don't have to make a separate page for it. #lazydeveloper :P
Sarah wrote:One of my biggest aggravations is coming up with a name. Rarely does the name for a site come easily to me. More often, I can't come up with anything I truly like and have to settle on something, OR I come up with several names that I love and have to struggle to decide on one. :ack2:
Yup, that's where I am right now with a couple of my sites...I keep coming up with names that are just blahhhh.
withinmyworld.org
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Trying to remember all the coding I've forgotten since the last time I made one. :blank:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Usually site names and pages that require a little more figuring out, like personalities. I always miss certain points that may be obvious to others but not necessarily to me (I had this problem a lot when working on Cherche).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Kiel wrote:Trying to remember all the coding I've forgotten since the last time I made one. :blank:
LOL!! Been there done that sooooo many times, xD Especially when I'm kindasorta reusing some old layout code--I end up thinking "why is that random div there? What's this bit of CSS for? ...OH. I...guess I shouldn't have deleted that..." LOL
withinmyworld.org