Embarrassing shrines?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

My LukexTear site... the layout is terrible, the graphics are terrible, I feel super weird writing about fictional characters being in love, and the writing is... passable. I wanna clean it up at some point because I love Luke and Tear, but man it's such a mess visually I don't even know where to start.

I closed my old Talim from Soul Calibur site down because it was embarrassing and outdated. I had the stupidest sections on it lol. Like ~which celebrities have the same birthday as Talim~ stupid. And so many "^_^"s. Good lord I was such a dork as a teenager.

On that note I have some embarrassing parts on my shrines that are in good shape that I should get around to deleting...
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Kibumie

Re: Embarrassing shrines?

Post by Kibumie »

Destinie wrote:Do you have a shrine that you made a while ago that you're embarrassed of now? Maybe you don't like the character/series anymore or maybe the shrine doesn't reflect your current opinions? Did you delete the shrine or decide to keep it up? If other people really liked it but you didn't, does that affect whether or not you take it down?
Hahaha this question is just right through the heart! I have a ton of embarrassing shrines. Honestly, almost all my shrines are embarrassing. I mean written wise they are. I'm not good at writing but I do feel like I have improved in some ways. (because all I do in school is write essays and it sucks) My first shrine that I published online was Red Warrior. I deleted Red Warrior before and some of my other early shrines. But this year I figured I should just put them up online even though most of them have bad writing. I spent a lot of time in them, and just deleting them online seemed like a waste. I also deleted a Tomite shrine from FYGK series. I couldn't find it anymore on my files so that's one of my shrines I could put back up. My Yano Motoharu fanlisting also had a shrine before, but I also put that down.
aminuet .。. king
Todd

Post by Todd »

I used to have a shrine called Pawn, dedicated to Steiner from Final Fantasy IX. It was small and awful. I wanted to revamp it, but I hadn't played the game in so long and didn't until recently get my hands on the game again. I might eventually bring it back, though I find myself liking other FFIX characters these days.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Yeah, like everything I made in the past. But I brought back my Final Fantasy VII general site but it's better now. Just need to do that for Star Ocean 2. And I wouldn't actually say I'm embarrassed with them, just not proud. I have a few currently online that I'm like that with. Caterpillar and Templar (they need revamps but I'm not inspired to do so).
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I've closed two of my 1P1M sites because they were so embarrassing. I'm a terrible procrastinator and I waited till the last day to work on them. Anddddd... it really showed. I just figured I would close them rather than try to fix them, because I had no idea when or if I actually would fix them. I've put another of my one-pagers on hiatus, but this one I feel like I can re-do, so it's not closed but rather waiting to be made better.

Sometimes I feel bad closing a site if I know people like it, but at the end of the day, I just can't stand to leave it up if it doesn't meet my own personal standards.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Yeah, I briefly had a Zelos from Tales of Symphonia that was just...not good. Someone else took it over with the intention to revamp it, but they never did and it lingered on online for far longer than I would have liked. >.> I've been embarrassed by the state of some of my current shrines too, but actually made the effort to revamp those ones!
a spoony bard