Where did it go..? D:

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Laura

Where did it go..? D:

Post by Laura »

One of the reasons I came to Amassment was because of the shrine and member directories. It was a long time since I was last really active in the fan site community so naturally, a lot of broken links pepper my link pages and bookmarks. Amassment was a great resource to find out what happened to some of the sites I used to love, as they changed domains and relocated.

However, there's always some that I haven't been able to find... and I'm sure everyone here has a site or two that has gone missing from their bookmarks! I figured this was the best place to ask about sites that have gone missing... someone here might know the domain or the owner and can point us all towards the new locations or maybe the owner of those sites is actually a member here and can explain where things went.

Right now, I find myself missing Ruby-Eye.net. The owner had a really lovely Lina Inverse shrine called Boiling Point. I want to say that I recall she changed her domain or something at some point but it's been so long that I can't find any trace of it.

I also remember there being an amazing Sasuke shrine called Infelicitas at geostigma.net but that appears to be long gone as well. /crai

Anyone know where these have gone? Or maybe you have a site you're missing?
Todd

Re: Where did it go..? D:

Post by Todd »

Juhi ran ruby-eye.net. She used to be a really active member here, and I became friends with her through here and AIM. She did move domains, but ended up closing her sites because she lacked time for them. :( I miss Juhi.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I miss Juhi too. D: I remember her Lina site and she had an Umi site as well. I loved that one.

A shrine I miss that disappeared suddenly was a shrine to Gary Oak/Green/Blue from Pokemon, it was called Master that if I'm not mistaken? I really liked it and it motivated me to work on my own Pokemon shrines as well (I was planning a Gary shrine myself). But now it's gone and that makes me sad. :nolove:
Laura

Post by Laura »

Yes! Juhi, that was her name. :) I really liked her works, it's sad to see that she decided to remove them after all this time.. it's always nice to find someone who has a domain with so many of my fav series as topics.

Another one I meant to ask about was prettysenshi.com... Her site was around for so long that it really surprised me to see that it wasn't up anymore!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I remember Boiling Point, that was such a fun site. It's always sad when people leave. :(
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Chibi wrote:I miss Juhi too. D: I remember her Lina site and she had an Umi site as well. I loved that one.

A shrine I miss that disappeared suddenly was a shrine to Gary Oak/Green/Blue from Pokemon, it was called Master that if I'm not mistaken? I really liked it and it motivated me to work on my own Pokemon shrines as well (I was planning a Gary shrine myself). But now it's gone and that makes me sad. :nolove:
Anise's Cherudim.org! :( I miss her sites...
Aku

Post by Aku »

This is making me so nostalgic for old shrines that aren't around anymore! :< Some were so beautiful and well written. The Wayback Machine doesn't catalogue things nicely enough haha.

Can there just be a shrine archive where anyone who chooses to "retire" can poop their shrines onto? T^T I realize some people probably just want to let things die, but a lot of older shrines were really inspirational to me!
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm sure we could even offer hosting at amassment.org for archived shrines.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

That would be awesome :)
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

that would be really awesome Todd!
aminuet .。. king