How long does it take you to make a shrine?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.

How long does it take you to make a shrine?

A Day!
No votes
A Few Days
4%
A Week
4%
A Few weeks
25%
A Month
21%
A few months
29%
Longer then a few months
17%

Total votes: 24

Michelle

Re: How long does it take you to make a shrine?

Post by Michelle »

Haha I take years to finish shrines. I mean in a few cases they've taken months but... two of the ones I've been working on now were abandoned for a year or two and I'm just getting back into working on them. I'm lazy!
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

This is interesting... I picked "A Few Months" but it actually depends on a variety of different factors how fast I can do a shrine. I used to be able to do them in a day when I didn't have have adult obligations and high standards for my work. Now, due to lack of time and higher standards, it can take a few months or even more. I'll write stuff then scrap it and start over and leave it and do other things and before I know it that thing is still sitting on the back burner.

And as other people have mentioned: it does depend on my mood as well. XD
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Usually I notice I can work for a few days or a week and finish everything I want to cover. The first two shrines I ever released took 13 weeks because they were school projects so I would work on them as part of my grade (and the completion of the site was actually my final grade) and so I broke up the task with other projects and papers for other classes. But I devoted entire days to that.

Although I’ve worked upwards of a month to finish something. A lot of that is the design process that gives me a struggle. The writing and arranging of content takes me a lot less time. A lot of it depends on if I’m in the middle of the subject while working on the site and my work schedule. I get weirdly inspired and that means that part of the time I can just it and write and it’s all I do.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
earthy

Post by earthy »

LOL I was just going to ask this question! (I'm trying to figure out how to schedule my time with my creative work so that I can actually get stuff DONE instead of just talking about it....) So thanks for all the responses!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

It takes me a few months to half a year--I am just not comfortable with putting up a half-finished site, so I complete all the articles and then spend a good bit of time revising. I also like to create layouts and then come back to them with fresh eyes to see if I still like 'em before uploading.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org