How long does it take you to make a shrine?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.

A Day!
No votes
A Few Days
4%
A Week
4%
A Few weeks
25%
A Month
21%
A few months
29%
Longer then a few months
17%

Total votes: 24

Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

Hello! another question! I hope it hasnt' been asked before but i was curious what the average time it took you guys to make a shrine?

I find mind to be rather incomplete so im unsure what my answer would be. I think i stick them up too soon. I usually work on it for a week before slapping them up, bare bones and all. :x
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: How long does it take you to make a shrine?

Post by dubiousdisc »

Nope, I don't think this one has been asked!

I answered a month but actually even more than that...A month at the very least? I like to let things sit to decide if I really like them. However, I also usually expect to push out a finished site that I won't touch again.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

It really depends on the subject for me and on...how much I get sidetracked by preliminary research and information gathering. At times it takes a few days, at times it takes me several months, so I ansered a few months since that's basically my average.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I chose "a few months", it usually takes me a month minimum... mostly because I find it really hard to motivate myself to work on shrines, haha. Also I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator, the worst combination ever for getting anything done, especially with sites. I did once make a one-page shrine in one day though!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I'd say maybe a month, once I get going? I tend to dilly dally and procrastinate and delete stuff and rewrite it and redo layouts...but I think once I actually make a start (which can take me forever lol) I get it done within that time frame.
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Generally a few weeks. It's rare for a site to take me longer than that nowadays. Some sites have taken me less time (if I have less content to write, in particular), but for large sites (~20 pages) I force myself to write at least a page a day and get it done within about 3 weeks' time.
tonight fate is the
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

I agree with Dragoneyes, it depends on the subject. Usually if I'm inspired and if it's a short series, I can get one done in a few days. If it's a long series like Dragon Ball Z though, definitely a month or more. Always a fun experience though. :D
~ Lady DinoBug
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Generally it takes me a few weeks to finish a larger shrine (for example, it took me about 5-6 weeks to finish Yukari), but for smaller sites it can take me anywhere from a week to two weeks. It vastly depends on my schedule. For example, yesterday I wrote 3 pages for an upcoming shrine, spending basically the whole day writing and designing/coding a layout. But then again I'm sick, so all I have is free time on my hands since I can't leave my apartment. I'm going to be very busy this weekend and next which will put a halt in my shrine writing, meaning it could have taken me a few weeks to finish, but will probably take me a little over a month to finish due to that.

I think it also depends on how much research I need to do and if I'm writing as I play or watch, or reading through summaries online to remember what happened. I'm also like Emma and tend to re-do layouts over and over again until somehow I'm satisfied, lol. That takes up a lot of time I could be using to write. ;~;
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It depends on a lot of things really. If it's small it could take maybe a week and if it's larger it can take maybe a month. It also depends on various other factors that tend to interfere with progress such as irl stuff and procrastination or even temporary loss of interest which can delay it for months or even years. *cough* So yeah, I can't really answer.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

A few weeks, though if I have to take a hiatus from working on it, it might take longer.