Children’s Stories

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Children’s Stories

Post by Robin »

The Witches is classic Roald Dahl--freaky weird stuff happens, kids save the day, etc. :) Matilda is my favorite work by him, though, because the bad guys (or girls) all get exactly what they deserve in the end, and the good guys (or girls) end up with their needs met at last. (what can I say, I love a good hero's tale)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I loooove children's stories! They are so much fun. Some of my favorites are:

Berenstain Bears Series
The Little Critter Series
There's No Such Thing as a Dragon
Wednesday is Spaghetti Day
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
The Monster at the End of This Book
Peppermint
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Goodnight Moon
Corduroy Bear

And I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I really love and remember reading a lot as a kid. I still love going back through them today. Just to see that familiar art or read the story and understand it differently/better as an adult.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE ^o^ (that mouse wants everything, and super-size it please! xD)

Also "Where the Sidewalk Ends." <3 That and "The Giving Tree" :')
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Sarah: One of my mentors reads The Monster at the End of this book to her Kindergarten class every year. She does it in the voice (pretty spot on) of Grover. It's awesome. <3

In third grade, we use the If You give a Mouse a Cookie (and other books) for cause and effect. It's awesome. I still need to read If you give a Cat a Cupcake!

You guys might enjoy Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library! It's a book about a group of children who write essays to spend the night in the town's brand new public library. Mr. Lemoncello is a board game maker and his greatest game is the escape from the new library. There's no peril other than losing the game. It's about friendship, working in a team, and has TONS of literature references.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Loki

Post by Loki »

I love children stories! My favorite possibly be "The Wind in the Willows". I tried always to find a Mole in myself ^^ I love also Astrid Lindgren stories (Mio!) and Moomins series (The Groke!).
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network