Reading Together

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Cherri

Reading Together

Post by Cherri »

Snow and I are reading Grimm's Fairy Tales together. She read a story and then I read one. So we switch off. Does anyone else do this? Would anyone be willing to try it? Thoughts? And go.

I don't read out loud a lot because it makes me nervous and stuff. Not very confident in my reading out loud. So I'm hoping this helps.

And really discuss. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Reading Together

Post by dubiousdisc »

Awww, both of you are adorable!

I can't read out loud at all...I speak fast and trip on myself and what comes out is just a mess of jumbled half-words. I've tried to read things together with Denise (not aloud) but my reading speed is much higher than hers so it doesn't really work...I wish there was some way to make it work D:
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Thank you, Dubs. ^-^

Aww, I understand. When I read out loud there are pauses and mispronouncing. And I'm not fast at reading out loud but I'm not super slow either. Then it makes my jaw hurt. But I'm having fun. Snow's not outloud reading is much faster than my own, so that wouldn't work for us either. All I can think of is trying to take it slow for reading out loud.

Let's think on this some more. It's real fun reading with someone. Especially when you know they won't make fun of you for how you read.
;o; *** pew! pew!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I’m having a lot of fun reading them Cherri! It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you read, as long as you enjoy it! If you want to slow down while reading aloud, though, you might try tracking (which is where you point to the words while you read, or you follow along with your finger as you read). For most people, it helps slow down the pace. It’s also a good way to focus on particular words (and I still use it because we read at night and I’m tired).

I often worry that I read too fast when I read out loud, I’ve slowed down some since working on my teaching degree (since I read to kids a lot more now). I think I still read way to fast out loud though.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

You aren't reading too fast. I'm keeping up just fine.

I'll get super aware of myself if I track. I don't like doing it.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

this sounds like lots of fun. I don't like reading but if I'm reading with someone it's much better. Although my eyes will still get tired so I won't be able to read all that much, I'd be willing to try at least, and I wouldn't even try if I had to read alone.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Awesome, we will have to read together one day! All of us! And that's part of the reason we picked the book we are reading. Some of the stories are short, so if Snow had a long day we can read one and done.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

yes we definitely need to do that! :D it'll be fun ^_^ I like one shots :)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

One shots are nice! I like them too, and it'll be so much fun!
;o; *** pew! pew!