What are you currently reading?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
anon

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by anon »

I re-read Shop 'Til You Drop. I seriously need to get into reading but I can't stay interested in a book for so long.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

A Spy in the House of Love by Anaïs Nin. I love me some Anaïs Nin.
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

50 Mathematical Ideas You Really Need to Know by Tony Crilly. It's a good read! I think even someone who isn't into Mathematics will like it. Love the first chapter on 0! :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

012789 wrote:"The Inferno" by Dante Allegiri (I might have misspelled his name). A very interesting take on the afterlife.
Ah Dante's Inferno. Are you reading for a class or just for fun? Also, I don't know why I associate the two, but have you read Goethe's Faust? :3

The recruiter at my new job, when I went into interview, told me about a book called 'God's Man' that was done entirely of woodcuts. When I started, he gave it to me! I haven't finished it yet, even though it's all pictures, I have been taking the time to slowly soak in each drawing. It's really amazing. And it's kind of based on Faust.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I want to be a YA author, so I try to read YA every now and then.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Reread The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald just the other day. I was assigned this book for a speech at school some years ago and even though I thought my English was very good at that point, I struggled so much with it. I remember it being one of the few times I complained about a book because I was not able to understand half of it (and can't be satisfied with just grasping the core, because subtleties are what make things interesting). So rereading this was partly because I'm attracted by its themes and the narrating, but also to see my own development in understanding the English language. It was quite an interesting experience (I had no trouble at all this time around). :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

>:3 now that my brother got a tablet and he gave me his kindle, I've all the intention of resuming my habit of reading tons of books. For now, I started with Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

Recently finished a book titled 1808, which narrates the arrival of the Portuguese Court to Brazil and its return to Europe in 1822. It's a really interesting read... for Brazilians at least! lol At least it helped me understand a lot of the things I previously didn't about Brazil and its time as a Portugese colony... but I'm rambling.

Now I'm reading Helena, a book written by a Brazilian author from the 19th century, Machado de Assis; it has some academic purpose, though it's not a compulsory read. It's an important author who I appreciate so I get the best of both worlds from it ;)
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Just found World of Warcraft: Tides of War at Walmart so you can guess what I'm reading. 8D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I've been reading a lot of Ernest Hemingway's works as of late, from his short stories to his novels. I really enjoy The Sun Also Rises by him!

I also am a Shakespeare nerd and just finished As You Like it, one of his plays. x3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.