What are you currently reading?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Nekoi

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Nekoi »

A Song of Ice and Fire books. In my country each book is split in 2 books! I'm about to finish the 4th, which mean that I'm about to finish the 2nd book! :D I'm really enjoying them, even more then the tv show, due to the various differences, sometimes really remarked. There is even way less sex scenes there then in the movie, as much for other stuffs .... which I won't mention to keep everyone safe from spoilers!
"There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: Not today"
Syrio Forel, ASoIaF
Eden

Post by Eden »

I'm currently reading Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I've just started The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Finally finishing up The Suspicions of Mr Whicher. I started it months ago and then misplaced the book.

I'm also reading 50 Shades of Grey, just to see what all the fuss is about. It's the most awful book I've ever read in my life (and I've read some stinkers) and I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to finish it - and I ALWAYS finish books.
a spoony bard
Eden

Post by Eden »

Emma wrote: I'm also reading 50 Shades of Grey, just to see what all the fuss is about. It's the most awful book I've ever read in my life (and I've read some stinkers) and I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to finish it - and I ALWAYS finish books.
Did you know it was a Twilight fanfiction before it got published? People that have read the fanfic and this book said it had 80% of it's content retained... stuff like this pisses me off. This book and the buzz is a total bastardization of the publishing industry and to literature itself. D: I'm insulted as a reader that this book exists. u_u;
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Eden wrote:
Emma wrote: I'm also reading 50 Shades of Grey, just to see what all the fuss is about. It's the most awful book I've ever read in my life (and I've read some stinkers) and I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to finish it - and I ALWAYS finish books.
Did you know it was a Twilight fanfiction before it got published? People that have read the fanfic and this book said it had 80% of it's content retained... stuff like this pisses me off. This book and the buzz is a total bastardization of the publishing industry and to literature itself. D: I'm insulted as a reader that this book exists. u_u;
Oh yeah, I knew all that. I just didn't think it could be worse than Twilight and yeah, I was a little curious. But it turns out I was wrong in that assessment and I regret my curiosity. If I still worked as a bookseller, I'd be glad that it was getting people to read, but I'd also be steering them away from it and trying to get them to read ANYTHING else.

It's also printed on some really bad and cheap quality paper. People paying for it make me sad (obviously not just because of the bad quality paper and binding, but I don't want to go on a rant about this book. Other people have done it better. Reading the one star reviews on goodreads gave me joy, ngl.)
a spoony bard
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm reading something called The Griffin Mage Trilogy. Has anyone heard of it? I'm only a few pages in. The author has a very flowery writing style but I love Mages and Gryphons so I hope I will love this book. XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Eden wrote: Did you know it was a Twilight fanfiction before it got published? People that have read the fanfic and this book said it had 80% of it's content retained... stuff like this pisses me off. This book and the buzz is a total bastardization of the publishing industry and to literature itself. D: I'm insulted as a reader that this book exists. u_u;

I totally JUST read that because my BF and I were talking about it and I knew nothing about it, but I went to dig a little bit about it. And from reading the synopsis, it sounds exactly like a fic so I am not surprised. I am a little surprised about the fuss, through. Considering it's just an erotica novel and most bookstores have a whole section dedicated to it. Is it just because it became so popular? It doesn't even sound like it's a particularly well-written book from what I've heard. XD;
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Destinie wrote:I'm reading something called The Griffin Mage Trilogy. Has anyone heard of it? I'm only a few pages in. The author has a very flowery writing style but I love Mages and Gryphons so I hope I will love this book. XD
Ooh, I love Gryphons, too! Once you get more into it, let us know how it is? Maybe I'll check it out. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Yamila

Post by Yamila »

Crime and Punishment. Hope to finish it this time... :ack2:
· watch out, the night is breaking ·
stalking ur sites with Masao, Dragoneyes & Saya · [ directory team ]