What are you currently reading?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Rems

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Rems »

I read all three books in The Hunger Games over the past month; it took me a while to get into the first one but I actually sat down and read all of Catching Fire in a day (incorrect, I actually went to bed and five hours later it was 4am, I had not slept, but I had finished Catching Fire), and most of Mockingjay over two to three days inbetween work shifts.

At the moment I'm slowly working my way through Temeraire by Naomi Novik which is slowly becoming a slog. History tied up with and rewritten to include dragons is interesting, but Laurence is boring and his attitudes are timely but somewhat infuriating since he's, y'know, our protagonist, and it's his thoughts that we're going into. It also took 100 pages to reach a female character (a dragon. She was only there for a few pages). And then another 60 or more for one with merit or is notable to the story (Harcout and her dragon, Lily). I doubt I'll read the rest of the series tbh, but it's prime for AUs because, y'know, dragons.
❝ they have stolen the heart from inside you, but this does not define you ❞
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I'm currently reading Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig. It's helping me a lot. :heart:
Anise

Post by Anise »

I'm reading Chernow's Alexander Hamilton biography because I've had it for a while and with all the Hamilton buzz now seemed like a good time to start it.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Rems

Post by Rems »

Cloud Atlas, because I've been meaning to for years.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I finally started Sabriel by Garth Nix! :D

Rems has already approved of this on twitter
Todd

Post by Todd »

The Walking Dead comics. On Volume 4.
Rems

Post by Rems »

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, which got bumped up my reading list for the virtue it (and its sequels) were 99p each on Kindle. Low priced books? Low priced books. Always good.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Finished Sabriel! Now onto Lirael. I'm also reading The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Chibi wrote:Finished Sabriel! Now onto Lirael. I'm also reading The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday.
One of my friends recommended Sabriel! I'm going to have to give it a try.

Right now I am reading The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows...that is until The Enchanted Heir by Cinda Williams Chima becomes available at my library. But I'm eally enjoying it thus far!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Amanda wrote:One of my friends recommended Sabriel! I'm going to have to give it a try.
It's good! I'd say definitely give it a go. :) The setting is really interesting and it reads quickly. Then we can discuss it together! :yay: