Frankenstein

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Vii

Re: Frankenstein

Post by Vii »

Haha, I love the comparison xD I never would have thought of it but yeah, now I see the connection! xD That definitely would have made my read a lot better too~ xD
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It inspired many mini drabbles that we wrote and laughed about. XD
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'm pretty jealous now, my Frankenstein experience wasn't quite as fun xD
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Vii wrote:I'm pretty jealous now, my Frankenstein experience wasn't quite as fun xD
You can make it fun now :)
Vii

Post by Vii »

I can't. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately?) I will not be reading Frankenstein again :(
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I would say fortunately as I liked poking fun at it more than the novel itself, but I mean you can still join in the poking fun at it.
Vii

Post by Vii »

The entire novel could have been avoided if Frankenstein greeted his monster with a hug and said "Hi, I'm your daddy."
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Haha, just yesterday I was mentioning to my girlfriend how attached I am to the Frankenstein's monster archetype and that in high school I wrote an entire paper about that, talking about many characters who draw inspiration from that :D

tl;dr, it's one of my favorite books. It's been many years since the last time I read it but I remember really enjoying it.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol XD I guess Frank was scared and disappointed. But the zombie wasn't a bad person... Also Frank was a bit stupid to miss the opportunity! Seriously a zombie would become more famous than a human looking creature. No one would believe it to be an experiment if he looked two human. I would have become the monster's manager and make him a celebrity, and as there's room for all kinds of unusual obsessions in the world, he'd probably have fangirls too. O.o;;
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Mikari, holy shit, I'm seeing that in my mind as that Bugs Bunny cartoon when he was trying to prettify Gossamer...