How do you read?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Shiori

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:43 am

I prefer reading on my Sony eReader, but I still purchase all my books in paperback as well. Because I'm all about the physical copies even though I find electronic reading preferable from a convenience angle.

Cherri

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:53 am

I like hardback books, I'll deal with paper back though. I do have an iPad that I can read books on and I do sometimes, like if I don't have the physical copy. I really love reading manga and comic though, not really into novels and such but I have my favorites. The smell of new books is just awesome. I also don't mind audio books, as it lets me say "Patrick Stewart read A Christmas Carol to me." Makes me feel special.
;o; *** pew! pew!

Yuzuki

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I love reading hardcovers/paperbacks but due to space restrictions nowdays I do most of my reading on the iPad, its great to take my all my books with me everywhere I go without carrying any extra weight on my handbag. Downside of electronic books are that they are rarely discounted, so you pay full price for a book you can't loan to family/friends.

Eden

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:41 pm

I normally use a Kindle (my kindle keyboard) but lately I've been using my tablet.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!

Cherri

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 pm

I wish the digital books didn't cost so much. But there are plenty of good free ones. ^-^ I still have plenty of books.
;o; *** pew! pew!

Camy
Administrator

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 am

As much as I love paperbacks, I have a lot of late night reading and the Nook app I have has every book I bought (since I use Samsung Tab 2) and has a night reading (though still a little glarey). I haven't tried Kindle but I have seen it when my classmates or instructor have it. Plus, ebooks textbooks wise are so much cheaper (college wise).

I still do buy paperback books, but not often. I also know how to find free versions of the romance novels I buy if it's too expensive (like $5-7+).

Another reason I like it is that I can read samples of the books too and see if I like it (fiction of course).
Last edited by Camy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am

I don't have a reader, but I'm fine with reading things on the laptop so it's okay. In terms of books, I prefer buying books that could only exist in their book form. Like, large illustrated books with giant pages? Awesome and great! As such, I almost only own hardcovers, haha. The things that are words only, I can read them here.

Cherri

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 pm

I like hardcover books. They're so nice. ^-^ I'm also fond of children's books.

@Dubs: That's so awesome.
;o; *** pew! pew!

Kibumie

Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Destinie wrote:I'm old school and prefer books. I know it's not as convenient and you pay more for books but I get books that people give to me (usually) and I like having them for reference. I like having the physical book and I like not being plugged into a device. I usually read to try and disconnect myself from technology once in a while.

Also, I like the way books smell. >_<
I agree with Destinie.. Me too! I love having the physical book, and the same with manga or comics I buy. I get dizzy if I read to long digitally. :blush:
aminuet .。. king

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 pm

/thread necromancy spell

These days I mostly read library books and books on my Kindle--I'm trying to declutter and buy less crap overall, so buying and having less physical books is part of that grand scheme. I do miss the "book smell," thus the library books every so often.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

• Information