How do you read?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Yuzuki

Re: How do you read?

Post by Yuzuki »

I love reading hardcovers/paperbacks but due to space restrictions nowdays I do most of my reading on the iPad, its great to take my all my books with me everywhere I go without carrying any extra weight on my handbag. Downside of electronic books are that they are rarely discounted, so you pay full price for a book you can't loan to family/friends.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I normally use a Kindle (my kindle keyboard) but lately I've been using my tablet.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I wish the digital books didn't cost so much. But there are plenty of good free ones. ^-^ I still have plenty of books.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

As much as I love paperbacks, I have a lot of late night reading and the Nook app I have has every book I bought (since I use Samsung Tab 2) and has a night reading (though still a little glarey). I haven't tried Kindle but I have seen it when my classmates or instructor have it. Plus, ebooks textbooks wise are so much cheaper (college wise).

I still do buy paperback books, but not often. I also know how to find free versions of the romance novels I buy if it's too expensive (like $5-7+).

Another reason I like it is that I can read samples of the books too and see if I like it (fiction of course).
Last edited by Camy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I don't have a reader, but I'm fine with reading things on the laptop so it's okay. In terms of books, I prefer buying books that could only exist in their book form. Like, large illustrated books with giant pages? Awesome and great! As such, I almost only own hardcovers, haha. The things that are words only, I can read them here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I like hardcover books. They're so nice. ^-^ I'm also fond of children's books.

@Dubs: That's so awesome.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Destinie wrote:I'm old school and prefer books. I know it's not as convenient and you pay more for books but I get books that people give to me (usually) and I like having them for reference. I like having the physical book and I like not being plugged into a device. I usually read to try and disconnect myself from technology once in a while.

Also, I like the way books smell. >_<
I agree with Destinie.. Me too! I love having the physical book, and the same with manga or comics I buy. I get dizzy if I read to long digitally. :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

/thread necromancy spell

These days I mostly read library books and books on my Kindle--I'm trying to declutter and buy less crap overall, so buying and having less physical books is part of that grand scheme. I do miss the "book smell," thus the library books every so often.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Nomi

Post by Nomi »

I love second hand books so much, I usually collect those (not to mention they are cheaper). I buy mostly paperbacks to save space but since I move around a lot and the like, I've invested in a Nook lately to save even more space and am absolutely in love with it.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Nomi I prefer paperbacks, too! I know they're not as durable or collectible, but a) they're cheaper, like you said, b) they're not so heavy to hold and pack, and c) there are no silly book jackets that slide around and aggravate me :) .
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org