How do you read?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Nomi

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:33 pm

I love second hand books so much, I usually collect those (not to mention they are cheaper). I buy mostly paperbacks to save space but since I move around a lot and the like, I've invested in a Nook lately to save even more space and am absolutely in love with it.

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:42 am

@Nomi I prefer paperbacks, too! I know they're not as durable or collectible, but a) they're cheaper, like you said, b) they're not so heavy to hold and pack, and c) there are no silly book jackets that slide around and aggravate me :) .
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

Saya

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 am

I don't know, I own an ipad, and i have the apps for the ereading, but in the end I prefer much more having the book. For example, I just got myself Alamut book - i could have just download it and get it for 1 euro or something, but I prefer having it in my hands XD and turn pages, and my eyes hurt less XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.

Nomi

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 am

@CuriousLittleBird yess, lighter is another thing!! I read in bed often and hardcovers just tire my arms faster to be honest

@Saya I agree that iPads are sadly not very good for reading sigh, with its size it could be so good too but nope.

Loki

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:32 pm

I read only from paper books. I can't stand reading on ebook readers or laptop. Technology didn't arrive into my book world and probably never arrive. I am old time bookworm that likes the smell of fresh/old book paper and the sound of the sheets when I am moving pages :)
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network

• Information