Marvel or DC?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Cherri

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by Cherri »

I prefer Marvel but I'm not against DC. I grew up on Xmen, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and Batman. It seems like DC has to work harder for my attention. I liked The Losers a lot (which is DC) and Teen Titans. I do lean towards Marvel more.

I like Captain America, Ironman, Thor, Gambit, Rouge, Storm, Wolverine, Raven and Starfire.

@Mikari: Marvel generally goes with human mutation or gods while DC is either aliens or rich guys with a suit. Xmen, Ironman and Spiderman are all Marvel and Batman and Teen Titans is DC. I hope that helps out. Sorry if I sound pushy or anything.
;o; *** pew! pew!
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

I'm getting kind of worried about DC lately... Some of their writers have quit their titles due to editorial interference. Plus there was the whole debacle with (notorious homophobe) Orson Scott Card, whom fortunately they didn't keep on as a Superman writer. Hopefully the company is able to make some better decisions in the near future...
Todd

Post by Todd »

I read about the Orson Scott Card thing, Karen! What do you mean by editorial interference?

I hope they pull out of this as well, and not drown due to some stupid mistakes.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I unfortunately have no idea what you guys are talking about. What happened? I'm good with long explanation or general gist. But from what I can tell from what you say someone got fired by being a homophobe and people quit due to being edited. But I also don't know what "debacle" means.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Cherri wrote:I unfortunately have no idea what you guys are talking about. What happened? I'm good with long explanation or general gist. But from what I can tell from what you say someone got fired by being a homophobe and people quit due to being edited. But I also don't know what "debacle" means.
Debacle means a fiasco/failure.

The problems at DC are pretty complex. There has been a long list of writers/artists quitting or being pushed off books owing to alleged editorial interference. One of the biggest moments with regard to this in recent memory would have to be Rob Liefeld quitting last year (and subsequently roasting the company/some specific editors on Twitter). Just Google for "DC editorial interference" to find some other names. It's difficult to assess what goes on behind closed doors, but essentially some artists/writers are unhappy with what they see as excessive editorial control.

With regard to Orson Scott Card -- he was working on a Superman story for the digital first Adventures of Superman, there was a public outcry and some stores even vowed to boycott the work. Eventually the artist tied to the series (Chris Sprouse) decided to step away from the story. DC are still looking for an illustrator to replace him. As of Scott Card's most recent Q&A (last week) there's no further news on the story's status.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

DC for me! especially Batman! I only read Deadpool for Marvel.

In fact, I like how I read both the dark and serious Batman (Batman, the Dark Knight, and Detective Comics) series with the humorous Deadpool (3rd series) same time. haha.

But my main DC collection is anything related to Damian Wayne. :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Shiori: Thank you.

I don't know much about Batman (only watched the cartoon as a child). Who is Damian Wayne?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Cherri wrote: I don't know much about Batman (only watched the cartoon as a child). Who is Damian Wayne?
Damian is Bruce Wayne's son, and the 5th Robin. :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Kibumie wrote:Damian is Bruce Wayne's son, and the 5th Robin. :blush:
Wow! I had no idea. That's pretty cool. Father and son team! whee! :yay: Who is his mommy?

I'm watching Justice League with my dad and Batman is being pretty awesome.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Cherri wrote:
Kibumie wrote:Damian is Bruce Wayne's son, and the 5th Robin. :blush:
Wow! I had no idea. That's pretty cool. Father and son team! whee! :yay: Who is his mommy?

I'm watching Justice League with my dad and Batman is being pretty awesome.
NICE! Batman is cool, and I'm glad you think so too. yay :heart: :music: Yeah! I really love their relationship, and Damian thinks greatly of Batman while Batman loves Damian a lot. :blush: His mom is Talia, the daughter of Batman's supervillain Ra's al Ghul. :cry:
aminuet .。. king