The Crucible

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Todd

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:48 pm

I watched The Crucible last night on Halloween. Netflix recommended it as a Halloween Favorite for some reason, and I was like sure, why not.

I love the play by Arthur Miller, and the movie was so good! The Salem Witch Trials are super interesting to me for some reason, and it was so sad seeing all those good people die...

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Todd wrote:I watched The Crucible last night on Halloween. Netflix recommended it as a Halloween Favorite for some reason, and I was like sure, why not.

I love the play by Arthur Miller, and the movie was so good! The Salem Witch Trials are super interesting to me for some reason, and it was so sad seeing all those good people die...
Yes, those trials interest me for some reason too: how could we be so narrow minded to think that people were practicing witchcraft and that they needed to be brutally and publically executed? Even more so when infants were involved (I've only read the play, I haven't seen the movie, and I can't clearly recall an infant being executed in the play, but I know it did happen way back when).

It's my favorite Arthur Miller play...well, it's the only one I've read, but it would have probably ended up being my favorite anyway XP
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
-Oscar Wilde

• Information