Goosebumps

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Todd

Goosebumps

Post by Todd »

How many of you read Goosebumps while growing up? Which books were your favorites?

I was addicted to the series from like 5th-7th grade, and then I started reading Animorphs.

My favorite books in the series were Let's Get Invisible!, Welcome to Dead House, Night of the Living Dummy, My Harriest Adventure, and Bad Hare Day.
Destinie

Re: Goosebumps

Post by Destinie »

I had a few. I remember one with lizard people that I read and Phantom one, like #5 or something. I wasn't really allowed to read them when I was young. When I did pick them up, I only read a few.

Hah, I did have a copy of one of the Babysitter's Club books when I was young ONLY because my steps-sister found 2 copies of them at the store. So she said, "Let's both get them and read them together" and I said "OK!" It was called "Boy Crazy Stacy" and my mom found it and flipped out at me for reading something like that at my young age. There was absolutely nothing wrong in the book, it was mostly about this girl who wanted to find a boyfriend but was stuck baby-sitting over the summer. That's all I remember, and also not being very interested in it. Haha, needless to say I didn't read much of that series either.

Anyway! Do you remember the title of the one with the lizard people? It was like Night of the Creeps or something. I think I also read Cuckoo Clock of Doom. If I think about them these days, they're probably more entertaining and silly than scary! Also, did you used to watch the TV show, too??
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

TODD. I had the whole collection at one point (first series, to clarify), ended up giving them to the boys next door. Haha, but I loved the camera ones the best, Say Cheese and Die, I believe. I can't even remember all of them, or even if I read them all. I just remember it's one of many things that started my love of horror and terror. I really loved the choose your own adventure ones. But the cover I remember most is "Welcome to Dead House" MAN! Then there's Night of the Living Dummy - I liked those ones too. Maybe I'll try and get them again.

I actually just got Stine's new Red Rain. We'll see how that goes.

Destinie; I read Cuckoo Clock of Doom and I watched the show too. I was often disappointed in the show because I enjoy reading about 39843856476547 x more.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Tee hee, my best friend back in elementary was CRAZY for those, so I never got any, I just read hers. I think that at one point she had like 15 of them XD I think I read 5 or 6 of them, but I remember near to nothing. I remember one about a puppet but that's it.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Oh, I was obsessed with Goosebumps. I had a whole of bunch of the books, still do, in fact! They are up in my attic. I remember best the Barking Ghost, The Girl Who Cried Monster, Why I'm Afraid of Bees, Piano Lessons Can Be Murder, and The Werewolf of Fever Swamp. I also know that I hated Night of the Living Dummy because dummies tend to creep me the heck out. Well, that's the point, lol. But anyway, yeah, I really liked the series. I got a Goosebumps tattoo from somewhere, likely it came with one of the books, and I showed it off to all my classmates. I think that was the third grade. XD Wow, so long ago! I should really read them again for old times' sake. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Ooooh, I know I read some of them at some point, they're probably still somewhere in the garage with my other books from when I was a kid.
I don't remember them well, but I'm pretty sure one was about a girl being granted three wishes only that when she asked for them they never turned like she wanted them to, and another one was about a kid haunted by...worms?
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@dragoneyes Yeah, I remember the stories a lot better than what they were each called, so I had to look up the titles. :x The only one I remembered was The Barking Ghost, probably because it was about a dog. The ones you mentioned sound like Be Careful What You Wish For and Go Eat Worms!.

(After all this, I had to go look at these icons again. Priceless. :D)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

@Sarah it doesn't help that I actually read the Italian translation to begin with, so if anything, I'd remember the Italian title anyway XD
I think I read a third one too, but I can't remember the plot at all :/
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I remember very little of Goosebumbs, but I do remember watching some episodes of the tv adaption. I've never gotten to read any of the books since I am too young to understand English at that time. :yay:
aminuet .。. king