Young Adult Literature

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Destinie

Re: Young Adult Literature

Post by Destinie »

That's awesome, Earthy! :D I'll need to check that out.

I love Mythology books. Speaking of that, I really need to read the entire "The Dark is Rising" sequence. I read "Silver on the Tree", which is the last book in the series. (It was a hand-me-down from somewhere) Anyway, it's filled with wonderful Celtic Mythology so I am very interested in the entire series. I know they made a movie of the first book which I never saw.
Saya

Post by Saya »

One day maybe I'll try to read Percy, but probably my young literature connection goes only to Harry Potter =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
anon

Post by anon »

I usually read stories that I know are written by the same author that I remember enjoying the works of. I went through a huge Meg Cabot phase in middle to high school... read up to like, book 4 on Princess Diaries, enjoyed Teen Idol, and her Mediator series was pretty interesting. I kind of got tired of Princess Diaries because Meg Cabot likes making the main character whiny as hell. She was complaining over the dumbest things ever and it's like, do I really want to read 150 pages of this?

I actually feel like the only YA books I read are chick-lit. I guess it fits with my love of shoujo manga because I have a soft spot for coming-of-age series taken place in a setting I can relate to. Also, some of the fashion descriptions make me want to draw something.

Also, Animorphs takes me back so much!! I love Cassie and Marco. I didn't finish the series but I know what happens and it was just depressing.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I never finished reading Animorphs, either. I am glad they are reissuing them. I'd like to take the time to go through and finish the series since I only ever got about half way through. I could probably read one of them in a half hour now. :P
Eden

Post by Eden »

I must admit, most of my reading material is YA-oriented.

Pretty Little Liars, Private (series), Archers of Avalon, etc. Most of them are just girly things. I love YA because most other fiction bores me.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Animorphs is amazing! They unfortunately only have plans to rerelease he first seven books, and they may have done that already. :/
Eden

Post by Eden »

I never got into Animorphs. I thought it was kinda silly and boring.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Todd Wha? Only the first 7!?! D: (I read those like a million times!!) One of my favorite scenes is when Ax is in the mall and he's just taking people's food and gorging himself. Ahah! Aww I want to reread all of them now. ;-;