October is National Book Month- What are your reading plans?

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Mikari

Re: October is National Book Month- What are your reading pl

Post by Mikari »

I listened to I Am Legend, quite different from the movie. It's not one of my favorite (either story) but it was still entertaining to listen to and I didn't find it to be too long. The events were kind of simple yet strangely amusing. You should check it out.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I just bought a giant world history book that's 10 meters long and I'm reading that!! It's based on a victorian age giant infographic, updated and revised and with more information added! It's amazing and it was also such a steal, at 6 euros :D

I also got a giant book of calligraphy and typography which is kind of my wet dream since I've been looking for something like that for ages now, it's both very relevant to my interests and something I need for my job, it's so awesome :D

today's trip to the book store was SO WORTH IT
Saya

Post by Saya »

Todd wrote:
Saya wrote:A question: Does reading fanfiction count as reading?
Of course it does! But the point of our focus for reading in October is so that members would make shrines to something from literature after this month. Events post will be up soon explaining more. :)
Can't wait for that.
That's why I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

dubiousdisc wrote:I just bought a giant world history book that's 10 meters long and I'm reading that!! It's based on a victorian age giant infographic, updated and revised and with more information added! It's amazing and it was also such a steal, at 6 euros :D

I also got a giant book of calligraphy and typography which is kind of my wet dream since I've been looking for something like that for ages now, it's both very relevant to my interests and something I need for my job, it's so awesome :D

today's trip to the book store was SO WORTH IT
This sounds amazing. :heart:

I think I'll probably end up reading some short stories to keep me sane through everything.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Saya

Post by Saya »

Need to add another thing, I just got myself finally XXXHOLiC: AnotherHolic, which is the novel =))), I'm so excited, because maybe I'll get a new section for Butterfly this way
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That sounds awesome Saya! My plan is to read all of XXXHOLiC.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Eden

Post by Eden »

I don't know if I plan to read anything this month. I haven't so far. I'm just too wrapped up with all my upcoming fanlistings and my baking to get into any books.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I might get Red Rain by R.L.Stine, but i have so many other books I need to read too. It's just October so I want to read Horror. ;w; (As if I don't read it whenever I want.. xD)
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Good luck, Eden. :heart: Baking is fun.

Dude, Snow, do eet! Get it. It's not going to hurt anything and you were completely excited when you were telling us about it. Just get it.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

I'm currently reading Dearly Devoted Dexter, the second book about Dexter Morgan a blood spatter analyst by day, serial killer/vigilante by night.

After I'm done with it, I'm reading Deadlocked, the latest book in the The Southern Vampire Mysteries series (The books that the TV show True Blood are based on). Eric Northman (。・ω・。)ノ♡